suggestions for stronger bearing and piston

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by claybro, Sep 17, 2012.

1. claybro

claybro New Member

I have an echo1 ak74u with a dual sector gear. I have a 170 spring in it doesn't shoot far but feeds and sprays like a mother. I dump a 450 round lonex mag in about 15 seconds but I've had the bearings for the gears just destroy on me ruining a really expensive piston I need some suggestions about what bearings I should use. No I don't get more than 75 maybe 100 feet out of the distance and before some know it gets on here questioning me about the choice of spring it only cycles half the spring so it can have twice the rate of normal stock fire and has been cronoed at about 260-280. I know its not accurate cause I can't get it to shoot on semi without jamming. Thanks for any and all help in advanced.

2. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    If your bushing size is 6mm, just get normal bushings. 7mm ones are better, but still get solid bushings. If they are 8mm, use modify ceramic bearings.

3. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    I agree with archer no ball bearing bushings for this build solid steel oiless bushings all the way. The SHS ones on clandestine are great.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Make sure they don't have any grooves.... They eat up gear shafts if they do.