support weapon? or no?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Stranga, Oct 24, 2012.

1. Stranga

Stranga New Member

Thinking of turning m4 into support weapon but by doing so would I have to upgrade gearbox and etc. Or just put box magazine on it an go for it.

2. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    You can call it a support weapon but most fields wont recognize it as one, mostly because a Box mag on a m4 is not a support weapon.

3. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I wouldn't recommend that, it is bad for the gearbox to use it like a support weapon, and you look like a moron using it.

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I agree with thatoneguy. I mean, if you want an M4 to be a support weapon, build a shrike....

5. Havok17

Havok17 New Member

Chicago
    An M4 as a LMG is just ew. I doubt the gearbox will be able to handle the strain from firing rounds so continuously. If you want to be a support gunner just get a M249 or M60.

6. stat226

stat226 New Member

Limerick
    G&P support weapons such as, the stoner use a version 2 gearbox and hold up pretty well.

7. Lefse

Lefse Well-Known Member Supporting Member

If you build the gearbox with high quality parts and tune it well and run it with a high quality motor I don't see any problems with using a V2 in a support weapon. If you wanna use your M4 as a SAW, go for it, it's your gun, you can do whatever you want with it. Just reinforce the internals and blast BB's all day. ;)

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    If your field will allow you to use your M4 with a box mag then go ahead, be ready to replace your parts though and possibly me laughed at. Youll want to make sure your GB is reinforced, gears are all good for the build, correct spring, shimmed and regreased, motor is correct. A support weapon is all about rounds down range to keep heads pinned so a high speed build is best.
    Biggest thing is that you need to understand the use of a support weapon. Your job as the SAW gunner is not to get kills. Thats the last thing on your mind. Your job is to keep the enemy heads down behind cover or pinned so your squad can move up. An M4 with a box mag is not a SAW or support weapon, its just an M4 with a extra high hicap.
    If you want an AR style support weapon look into the G36e. Its a full size HK G36 with a bipod and heavy barrel.

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Or you know, you could build a shrike and you'd be able to use an M4 as a support weapon. :p

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Im guessing he doesnt have the funds to build a shrike considering he asked if he had to upgrade or if he could just add a box mag and be done

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yeah, most likely. Man, would it not be cool to own a GBBR Shrike? *fantasizes*

12. champo98

champo98 New Member

You could if you wan to. Just make sure your ready to re inforce your gearbox. I've thought about the same thing with a g36c, but I didn't want to spend the money for a $70 mag. Lol. And upgrades. I think if done right it could look cool, and not be as heavy as a m60 or m249 saw ect.