Supressor

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by SDWilson, Jun 9, 2015.

1. SDWilson

SDWilson New Member

When I was looking for a gun I wasn't really interested in suppressors and flash hiders but now I am. I bought a gun with an A-2 tip and don't know how to find a suppressor for it. If someone could please tell me what to look for, hat would be great.

2. OgreChrist

OgreChrist Member

Suwanee
    The first thing you'd want to do is figure out if its counterclockwise or clockwise threading, because that'll determine which suppressors/flash hiders you'll be able to attach.

3. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Um.....Just take off your flashider...
    Your gun should have 14mm CCW threads. If so, most suppressors will screw right on. Just be sure to check with your state laws about whether they can be foam filled or not.

4. SDWilson

SDWilson New Member

Now to just figure out how to remove the tip

5. SDWilson

SDWilson New Member

I did the research and apparently it is glued on. Are you able to buy suppressors with just the A-2 flash hider even though it is orange?

6. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    There are QD suppressors that go right over the A2 I believe, but it may not be worth the price. What gun is it that you have?

7. Iram

Iram Member

Austin
    They do exist, but most airsofters use direct-thread mock suppressors instead.

8. SDWilson

SDWilson New Member

Bryan I have a Bravo M4 RIS

9. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm going to recommend you do one of two things, if I am looking at the right gun, then you have a plastic outer barrel. Don't try and attach something to it, odds are it won't have threads. You could either disassemble your outer assembly and install a new outer barrel or you could just buy a new gun. I would recommend just getting a new outer barrel, which will require you to know what you are doing. YouTube has plenty of videos on it. If not, I'm always here to help!

Good Luck!

10. SDWilson

SDWilson New Member

Thanks a lot mate. Do you know how much it would cost to get a metal barrel?

11. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Check evike. The prices vary from like $20 to $50. I would recommend something cheaper, because they all really do the same thing. Just check the length of the barrel with your gun's specifications because I'm assuming you don't want to have to get a new inner barrel too