Switch colors? From Black to Olive drab

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by TheTacticalGearJunkie, Dec 17, 2015.

1. TheTacticalGearJunkie

TheTacticalGearJunkie New Member

Dallas
    Hi I'm sort of new to airsoft, I have a full black kit for outdoor play and I'm thinking about changing the color. Is it necessary for me to have green or tan to play milsim? Any recommendations are welcome. $350 budget for full kit.

2. TheTacticalGearJunkie

Dallas
    Ok, I have woodland camp BDU uniform

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Just because it's not required doesn't mean that it's not a good idea. Black outdoors might as well be neon pink for how eye catching it is. Plus, I'm betting you bought largely junk gear like Condor, Lancer, TMC, etc. if you're already in the mindset of replacing it, you should think seriously about getting some higher quality gear that functions better and is in a better color/pattern to boot.

4. Steve116277

Steve116277 Member

North Alabama
    I'm in the same boat the OP is in. Bought cheap gear to get started playing, now I want to upgrade my gear. My plan is to buy solid gear (Flyye) in coyote brown. My reasoning being that CB gear should look good with darker green camo (m81 woodland or marpat woodland) as well as most tan camo (desert marpat or tri-color desert).

A good set of Flyye gear with plenty of pouches will run about $200 which leaves plenty of cash left for a good surplus combat uniform.

5. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo
    Good thinkin' steve. Quick tip, I've found that areas like Michigan (wet and a good bit of dark brown) blend better with RG than CB, but that may just be me, Knief will have to add to that.

If you're in a dry area then totally go with CB, since you'll need it for that desert camo.

6. TheTacticalGearJunkie

Dallas
    Since I'm on the short end of gear, would you recommend a full PC with a battle belt or just a PC?

7. Rushin

Rushin Well-Known Member

Kalamazoo

Depends on what you need/use, really. I love my battle belt, others don't need one.

8. TheTacticalGearJunkie

Dallas
    Would OD be good for southern games such as broken home, copperhead, faded giant and other American milsim or milsim west games?

9. TheTacticalGearJunkie

Dallas
    Totally forgot to mention multi cam, I feel stupid now as I find gear