Systema Motor - Fuse Blow out!!??

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by mfitz73, Feb 24, 2009.

1. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

So... I got my new Systema Motor Long Power Torque Magnum.
    Pretty excited... so I pulled out the JGM4A1 and started the removal/install
    process...
    1st... I accidentally severed the red wire... Urgh.. fixed it. no problems.
    2nd... I install the new motor and got off a good 30 rounds, not enough to test any improvements, and BAM! the gun stops working. No power into the motor....
    I blew the darn fuse.
    What to do? I guess get a new one from the hardware store. Hopefully they got it.
    I wonder if this will just happen again, or do I need to upgrade in fuse or what?
    any suggestions?

Im no electronics wiz, as you might have guessed!!!
    Mike

2. hairyman

hairyman New Member Supporting Member

Dublin
    Have you checked all the wires,,,you may have another exposed wire.

3. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

Yeah, I actually opened the fuse container and sure enough it was
    in 2 pieces....

4. hairyman

Dublin
    The fuse may have been a lemon,,,,change it and keep us posted.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2009
  5. arctur

arctur New Member

hi,

although i wouldn't recommend it and you will have decide for yourself also i will no accept reponsibility for it, you could removed the fuse altogether. Me and my teammate just removed the fuse because we change the battery from standard 8.4V to 9.6V, even try 12V. I think there was a review somewhere, i forgot where, that say fuse removal is not really an issue. I have been playing since 2006 without the protection and did not have any problem. But once again, do it at your own risk. Can anybody else comment on this ?

thanks.

best regards,
    arctur

6. hairyman

Dublin
    Yea i know a few people that run their replicas without a fuse,,,,and for the most part they are trouble free,,,but again i wont be doing it to any of my replicas.

7. DraxX

DraxX Member

I remove all the fuses on my guns.

Since you have an M4 it will have version 2 mech box which means u ran the wires inside there are a lot of people who have issues with the gears stripping the wires if not placed correctly.

Another possible problem was you over tightened motor plate and it was not seated correctly and after a few shots pretty much locked up and blew ur fuse.

If you are comfortable I would take the mechbox apart clean it spray it down with tri-flow (teflon coating) reshim it and make sure all the wires gears etc are in working order.

8. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

Ok guys! thanks for the all the replies and suggestions.
    I have confirmed, based on the shooting with no fuse thing, that it is indeed the fuse.
    the fillament is in 2 pieces and it works with the fuse connectors connecting to eachother, minus fuse ofcourse.
    So, this is just a temporary fix.
    what are the potential hazzards of running with out a fuse.
    btw, I am using an 8.4volt battery.
    I think it runs a bit hotter now....
    Mike

9. Cornerpedler

Cornerpedler New Member Supporting Member

Many people run AEG's without a fuse, the fuse is there to protect the AEG from a power surge or jolt.

Many things can create a short within the electrical so the fuse is there to act as a bouncer to prevent the surge before it hits the juicy innards.

People I know have had little problems without the fuse installed, however one local I know had to replace all of the wires and replace his mosfet board as a result of surge from his new lipo!

The fact is gentleman the fuse is your first and only defence against power surges, many disregard this however know that without a fuse your internal electricals are always at risk.

So my advice is go buy a 20 pack "o" fuses and save the worry..

Truly

:D

FTW!

[​IMG]

10. mollylover45

mollylover45 New Member

Manhattan
    i wouldn't take the risk to ruin your gun. They are a couple of dollars at walmart. just make sure to get the right kind

11. R.Hallahan

R.Hallahan Guest

go to an autoparts store and buy them in 20 packs like corner said! thats what i do. i blow fuses running 9.6 volt batteries in my m14 all the time because i only use semi auto.

12. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

Hey guys, thanks for all the replies. I will get a good supply of fuses, as suggested.
    Better then having to repair the internals if they get fried...
    thanks!
    Mike

13. BOSairsoft

BOSairsoft New Member

You can always install a mosfet to replace the fuse... it acts like what a speed controller would do on a RC car.

14. mfitz73

mfitz73 New Member

thanks for the reply guys!
    I have picked up 10 fuses. hopefully these will last me
    a long time!!!

Mike