tac vest suggestions

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by schlabie, Sep 1, 2012.

1. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Im 5"10 110 lbs, budget is $110, and i like the condor chest set because of integrated m4 pouches and hydration carrier.(not necessary just a plus) Any other wasatch vests suggestions? Color tan preferably.
    I did look at other posts , but ive seen none on wasatch vests, but if you see any other vest that is cheap and pouches that totals my budget ill take into consideration.

Edit:Ive seen lots of threads saying get Flyye or Pantac do they make what im looking for anyone used them if so?

Last edited: Sep 2, 2012
  2. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    Don't get Condor. Its also not always referred to as a Wasatch, a few names exist. Check out shootercbgear.com for Flyye, and airsoftsmith.com for Pantac. Please also spell correctly i.e.. cause or because, not cuz. Its in the rules.

3. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Thanks whats wrong with condor though? As to the last part, there are mods and admins to enforce rules, not a senior member. Just throwing that out there, no offense.
    Anyone heard anything about this? http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=710 looks solid.

4. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    He's simply trying to give you a friendly warning before the mods give you a less friendly one. Anyways, to reiterate what I practically just said in another thread:

5. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I understand that, but I said cuz one time and didnt feel the need for it. If its in the rules, its the staffs job to enforce the rules. This any good? http://www.shootercbgear.com/product_info.php?cPath=22_50_51_96&products_id=710

6. Grin

Irvine
    He's not enforcing, he's giving you a friendly suggestion before you get a kick in the pants by someone like Knief.

Anyways, a Flyye is a significantly better rig but I tend to avoid the 'satch family of rigs (such as the WSH). They are front-heavy and tend to sag as well as, although having plentiful MOLLE space on the front, the space is effectively cut in half by the integrated mag pouches. If you want something like that pick up an RRV and perhaps a backplate and you'll be happier most likely.

7. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Been there kicked in the pants, wasnt so bad. Hm, im a fairly skinny guy for 16, i wonder if it will sag on me.

8. Grin

Irvine
    I'm skinny as well. The WSH WILL sag on you. If you insist on getting one, you could pick up a replica or real PACA to help with the saginess, but that's more money to spend.

9. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Just to clarify your recommending a rrv as opposed to the wsh due to the saginess? Will do, thanks.

10. Grin

Irvine
    Yeah. A RRV would fare much better.

11. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    WSH's sag, unless you have the proper weight balanced between the back and front. RRV's are great, and they breath well because they are technically chest rigs.

As for the friendly suggestion, its easier for me to tell you to use proper grammar, then have Knief or another moderator ban you for three days.

12. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Any links for one? And Im pretty sure knief wont ban me for 3 days because I said "cuz" once.

13. Grin

Irvine
  14. DaveRuination

DaveRuination New Member

Alhambra
    wsh's seem to be better suited to larger people. my friend's around 180 lbs, 5'10 and he was able to adjust his wsh to not sag and fit snuggly on his body. i am 5'3 150 lbs and i don't think it would fit snuggly on me, yet an rrv does fit snuggly. if the lack of a back plate isn't a problem, an rrv is great - easily the best and most comfortable rig i've used

15. Grin

Irvine
    You can get a back plate for an RRV.

16. schlabie

schlabie New Member

Yeah i have a rrv now and i like to have something on my back, any pc suggestions? Sorry just realized when i saw the link.

17. Grin

Irvine
  18. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    I have a Pantac RRV, and it's a really great piece of gear. Only downside is that it has no back plate to hold a hydro or pack. You'd have to buy a back plate or hydration system that fits with the RRV. I would suggest an MBSS plate carrier and then add what pouches you need.