Tac vest that would fit me?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by chanyangel14, Dec 10, 2012.

1. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    I'm an 18 year old female and I LOVE airsoft. I'm trying to find a vest that will fit me right, but I'm only 5'4". Will a regular vest fit me snuggly, or should I search for smaller vests? I don't want to get a "one size fits most" vest and have the thing bunched up because its too big for me. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

2. skitzo

skitzo New Member

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Whats your budget? Flyye or Pantac are the best airsoft vests out there on the market. They have many different styles and sizes to fit you specifically. Knief knows all of the best places for the best prices on gear like those.
    this is one of the sites he always finds things at though
    http://www.shootercbgear.com/

4. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    I don't really want to spend more than $80 on a vest. I know that won't get me the best of the best, but I can't afford expensive equipment. I just want something that will get the job done without completely falling apart.

5. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    You're talking in circles to people who know about gear. You say you don't want the expensive stuff (which, in gear terms, is 1k+), and want something that will hold up. Flyye and Pantac are the two brands that fit the inexpensive and quality bill that you've written.

6. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
  7. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    The man speaks the truth. I wouldn't suggest anything less than Pantac or Flyye for airsoft. And if their prices are putting you off, then save what you have. Don't settle for lesser brands, like Condor, Voodoo or OE Tech.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
  9. chanyangel14

chanyangel14 New Member

Conshohocken
    Expensive (to me) is like... over $100. I'm cheap and I know it, but I don't have a well-paying job so I don't want to blow the little money I have on one piece of equipment. My friend has a UTG vest that he bought over a year ago that hasn't torn or given him problems since. I'm thinking of getting one, but I'm still looking around and considering everyone's suggestions.

http://www.airsoftstation.com/utg-airsoft-deluxe-tactical-vest-army-digital.html

This is the one he has.

10. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Yeah, no. He must not use it much or very hard if he hasn't had trouble. look at TMC at least.

11. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    At the vary least, check out your local Army surplus store. I've bought an almost like new ALICE for $35. You can get good gear for cheap, but you have to look around for it.

12. Scout_Master

Scout_Master New Member

Gastonia
    These guys are right. I may not know the various brands and their quality, however I have used substandard gear before. Having been involved in out door activities and sports that involve 2-5 day outings, crappy gear makes life horrible. It may not fall apart in the first 2 days, but it will rub the wrong way, let a piece of kit flop or may not fit quite right. All of these things are not horrible in and of them selves, but they will start to wear down your endurance and your motivation. I can tell you from experience that poorly made gear may do the trick, it will hold your magazines, spare batteries, water and lickie chewies for the day or two that you play in the month. It will not however hold up to 2-4 day engagements in which you live in your kit. Ultimately the choice is yours, the gear that these men are recommending are on the low end of military grade. The gear that you are linking is on the high end of costume grade.