Tactical force mp5

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by kwasr10, Sep 18, 2012.

1. kwasr10

kwasr10 New Member

I know the Tactical Force Mp5 gun sucks but i am upgrading it and i took apart the gearbox. i found that the piece where the cylinder head rests was broken off. now i can not put it back together. i tried to epoxy it but it just keeps breaking apart when i put everything together. i was wondering if there was anyway to fix this or can someone tell me what new outer shell i need for the gearbox?
    Thanks

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Uh take a picture please? If it's the tappet plate or nozzle you are talking about, you should probably just buy a new one, by the way if interested in a new mp5 PM me.

3. kwasr10

kwasr10 New Member

Picture

thanks for the reply and here is the picture should i weld it?

Attached Files:

4. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Oh! you were literally talking about the gearbox well... that is a bit different. I have no experience with JB weilding so I would say just buy a new gearbox shell.

5. kwasr10

kwasr10 New Member

Gearbox

Ok, which one should i get, and what is that gun your were selling? also what does JB weld mean

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    JB weld is a steel epoxy type bonding agent.

Any V2 gearbox shell will work. Make sure you get matching bushings, though. Most stock shells use 6mm bushings, but some aftermarket ones use 7mm, 8mm, and even 9mm bushings.

Heck, I have a few old V2 shells kicking around.

PM me if you're interested. I'll make you a good deal.