Tactical knives - practical?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Switchblaydes, Jul 18, 2012.

1. Switchblaydes

Switchblaydes New Member

Sammamish
    I'm thinking about equipping a rubber tactical knife with my WE CQB Master 1911 and was wondering are they actually useful? I dont usually run into that many safety kills ever but i always see that guy with the rubber knife or Nerf tomahawk and chuck it over respawn points and/or use it to get backstabs. Is it rellay necessary?
    Also, i know that the WE CQB Master 1911 is not a popular gun, but does anybody out there have a strong opinion on it?
    Thanks

2. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Nope. The only time I've ever used a knife was during a hostage interrogation. The person wouldn't talk, so I tapped him with my knife and he was on his way to respawn.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2012

3. pipdaddy7

pipdaddy7 New Member

I don't think practical would be the best choice of word here. The thing is, they aren't practical nor are they impractical. I think the best term would be useful. I know you see that guy with the need axe or light saber or whatever getting kills with it all day, but really the only reason they do is because they generally don't have a whole lot else to rely on. I personally carry a rubber training knife just in case. They're light and if you position them right they don't get in the way at all yet are easily accessible. I also know many people don't carry them because they don't find them needed. Really I feel that it comes down to personal preference. I say it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it.

4. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    Getting a knife kill on someone is one of the best feelings. Practical .....No. Fun.... yes.

5. Napple

Napple New Member

For $5? I have 3 on my person at all times. Stupid? Yes. Amazingly fun? Definetly.

6. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    What field do you play on that allows this???

Every field I've played on in WA restricts knife kills to tapping with the flat side of the blade (7th Group, ST6, PRAT, TAC, 1st Sword, WART, Evergreen, etc...).

Stabbing, thrusting, slashing, and throwing are STRICTLY prohibited and are cause for immediate ejection from the game.

7. Switchblaydes

Switchblaydes New Member

Sammamish
    Im pretty sure TAC allows Nerf tomahawks to be thrown, as ive gotten kiled by a thrown one, but yes the blade idea is correct for knives. Where are all of these other airsoft places that you just mentioned? 7th Group? Etc?

8. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    7th Group is in Snohomish County, ST6 is South Puget Sound area, TAC is Tacoma Airsoft Community and they play in the Tacoma/Puyallup area, 1st Sword is primarily Pierce County and mainly play in Enumclaw. WART is on the peninsula, Evergreen plays in Sultan, PRAT is based in Burien, IIRC.

9. 703

703 Active Member

Are they cool ? Yes
    Practical - Well this really depends on the field and your play style.

I've rarely felt the need to use a rubber knife but there are moments where I wished I had one. At my field if you get knife killed you get laughed at.. Not because your'e a bad player but the fact that someone was able to knife you. It's a simple touch with the knife on the shoulder or gear and the words knife kill or something similar. My field also allows nerf tomahaks/swords but same rules apply. Throwing them is prohibited as well as hitting/stabbing/slashing them with it. As far as I know most fields prohibit players from throwing them due to insurance/safety and just common sence. You run the risk of knocking goggles off or possibly causing injury to a player when throwing the item.

Should you get one ? Well it's up to you. If you think it's worth the money then go ahead and get one. Even if you don't use it it's still a cool novalty item.

10. Switchblaydes

Switchblaydes New Member

Sammamish
    Thanks for your opinion. I think im getting. $9 one?

11. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    For me my Tomahawk is very practical, every time I pull out my pistol I pull out my tomahawk as well, very useful, and very fun. None of the fields I go to do not allow them to be thrown but it still is very fun using them. And like Grudge said it is one of the best feelings in the world getting a knife kill. And it also gives you really cool battle stories if your able to pull one off. Its mostly for if your completely out of ammo, which i have been before and you just want to go Ninja Assassin on people before you die, which you most likely will. But its still super fun.

12. CaptFysh

CaptFysh New Member

St. Louis
    For larger games where I don't know who I'm playing, my knife is entirely for looks. When playing with just my team, or at practice, we have special rules about full contact. We all wear goggles instead of facemasks, because goggles are much harder to knock off. Essentially, knife only kills if it's a stabbing motion and not a slash, and no face shots, whether with knives or fists. Everything else is fair game >:] In all honesty though, doing that at a public field is a great way to get a stock slammed into your face.