TAGINN Grenades

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by King-Witt, May 16, 2016.

1. King-Witt

King-Witt Member

Wood River
    So, I've been playing for years and I'm finally getting in to grenade launchers. I want to shoot projectiles whether it be foam balls or whatever. I just ran across some interesting things on the interwebs called TAGINN Grenades. They have all sorts of cool stuff, but I'm also reading they are illegal in the states due to the small explosive charge used. My questions are, 1. Are they still illegal (the articles were from a year or more), and 2. If they are, I'm an explosive Technician and legal to transport and use explosives, do you think i would be legal to have them?

Topshotz357 likes this.
  2. pcalairsoft

pcalairsoft New Member

I don't think they are illegal, I was at OP:34 and loads of people had them.

mandalore_milsim likes this.

3. Str8Oper6n

Str8Oper6n New Member Supporting Member

I've never tried to buy any but have heard mixed things about how you get them and if they're legal. I know I had several of them shot at me at OP: Sun Devil in Texas over a year ago.

4. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston

I usually buy mine in from Russia direct haven't had any issues so far

5. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

The ONLY big issue I have had with the TAGGIN rounds are when using the ICS MGL. The firing pin on the GL needs to be extended about 3 turns. Use an allen wrench on the pin.

The only other issue I've had was when I used the plastic firing shell in the Ares EGLM. They don't drop out like a normal 40mm shell would. You need to eject it by twisting the launcher a little.

Other than that, my squad uses the reapers alot. Good rounds. Our field does not allow the smokes because of an incident, but all other TAGGIN rounds are used.

6. Topshotz357

Topshotz357 Well-Known Member

Drexelhill
    I would love to get tag rounds to can we buy them in firework friendly states?

7. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

I'm in MA and I've had no issue getting them from MSATO or shipped from Russia. MA is not a firework friendly state.

8. drivenbykarma

drivenbykarma Active Member Supporting Member

black canyon city...formerly Prescott
    if you read on their website,they have a video explaining. The ones you buy direct from them,should say v2 or something new version.Which they redesigned a bit to comply with the U.S standard for non explosive or something to that nature,i guess putting them in the same class as snap pops, party poppers,and the basic fireworks you can get at walmart. Im not sure if they've had them reviewed an passed by who ever does that an gives them the ok.But it is from my understanding, that they are revised and meet the current standards to be "legal". I've used taggin for years an still do once in a while. I need to get some more cause im down to a few paladins and my peckers,and i've gotten ready to order some direct,but the shipping just kills me everytime and turns me off.If Ever they get put on Amazon.Im'a prime my lil butt to buying out their entire stock.lol

9. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

For those in the north east, you can order them from msato.org.

10. drivenbykarma

yeah,except their out of Stock,Just like everywhere else.

11. manualman

manualman New Member

Montville
    I haven’t found a place that lets me use any of their stuff yet. I asked at Skirmish and West Point and was told their stuff is too hard and will hurt someone

12. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    American milsim let's you but the closest to the east coast they get is south Carolina. ..side note skirmish is my favorite paintball place

13. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

I have been told by the owner of my squad's shop that everything except the Paladin and Pecker rounds are banned in the US by the ATF. He got this information directly from Taggin. Getting caught with any of the exploding rounds is punishable by 3 years in jail per round. The charge is a felony. I know this sux, but its the law of the land, as of right now. Use at your own peril. Just thought I'd let you guys know.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  14. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    There has to be a legal way of obtaining them since they are used in milsims

15. Swoledaddy

Swoledaddy Active Member

east moline
    They are a class of explosive. You would need the appropriate license to obtain the rounds.

16. Topshotz357

Drexelhill
    And then What though

17. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

the ATF has yet to classify these , so they may get approval. as of right now, you need a license to legally use them. If you are a LEO and want to use them for your department, I'm sure you can get the license, but for civies, these are not legal as of right now. I know it sux, as I'm a huge reaper fan, however they are explosives. I've recently switched to the 40 Mike rounds. Not the same, I know but they are alittle higher on the "OH ****!" scale.

Topshotz357 likes this.
  18. drivenbykarma

last i'd heard is that they had changed the fuse time on their Mk2 Versions. and made several Adjustments that were required by the ATF to qualify for the same classification as the fireworks you can get at walmart during 4th of july. They actually made a whole bunch of changes to their mk2 version,and i believe they are just waiting for the atf to test and approve the changes made. And or What about States that Allow explosives..aka fireworks during the 4th of july and what not...cause i know in New Mexico you can buy all kinds of exploding **** legally..if you've got the $ you can even purchase there legally Air burst fireworks..the kind that shoot out of a tube up into the sky and then explode like a mini version of what we know as a "fire work" .
    And their pretty legit. Seen a few set of personally and they were impressive..$80 impressive.I dunno.
    But still cool as **** to watch. And if those things can be sold legally, i don't see why the taggins would't pass..even if they were restricted in some states,those that arn't should be allowed to use em.

halo0113 likes this.
  19. Mycroft_Groks

Mycroft_Groks Member

That's probably why Taggin said they are pending. However, as of right now, I believe they are not allowed. Since its federal, the state's have no say over these. I hope the issue is cleared up, as I love the reapers.