Tamiya male spiral wiring?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by team16airsoft, Dec 20, 2012.

1. team16airsoft

team16airsoft New Member

I was wondering if and where i could find a spiral like tamiya wiring? I need it to create more room for in the tube so i can fit a battery.

2. Expendable

Expendable Active Member Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Dallas
    Sorry? Tamiya wiring? Google? What are you talking about??? For a buffer tube?

3. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    May I ask why you aren't using deans?

4. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    It may have something to do with deans being far superior in all aspects when compared to tamaiya connectors.

5. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    What?
    I was asking why he was using tamiyas instead of deans.

6. Napple

Napple New Member

Not all aspects. Majority of people still ise tamiyas and therefore borrowing batteries and chargers does not work well

7. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    That would assume you are not using LiPo's however, if you were the charger would be not significant and if you are using tamiyas on a LiPo you are doing it wrong. Also, a majority of the people that I play with and my entire team is deans. Also, you could just carry a deans female->tamiya male adapter. Overall, the benefits of deans far out way any downside.

8. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    Deans is the way to go! I also made a tamiya to deans adapter (before all my batteries came in the mail) that way encase my battery dies, I can borrow one from the field I play at. Im also probably going to make a deans to tamiya adapter in case my friend's battery dies and they need it.

But you should totally get deans. Some people tell you to buy a specific kind, but I bought a cheap chinese make of 10 pairs of deans for like, $5. I swear, even the cheap crap works wonders.

9. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    regardless of the connector type i believe the OP is looking for something like a coil cord. the problem is that coil cord uses tinsel wire and tinsel wire is designed for signal voltages with virtually no current. the current from an airsoft battery would burn it up.

10. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    your best bet is to honestly just twist your current wires together to shorten them. you can put a tube of heatshrink over the now coiled wires to keep them coiled...

11. team16airsoft

team16airsoft New Member

alright thanks sorry for not replying to any but here ill answer as many q's as i can remember... yes for buffer tube, yes like a coil or spring found in some crane stock made guns, im not using deans due to; A. i am using batteries with tamiyas B. i dont plan on buying it for a sportline backup. if i missed any q's, i'll be sure to reply to them ASAP