tappet plate problem

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by somerandomdude, Nov 19, 2012.

1. somerandomdude

somerandomdude New Member

pasadena
    I have a G&g top tech m16 that i opened up for the first time to put in a new piston head and air seal nozzle but when i tried to put it back together again the tappet plate wont move when its hit by the sector gear it just bends up

2. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Did you push the tappet plate spring in nice and snug?

3. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    show pix or a video...

remember, you can't rotate the gears with the tappet plate installed because of the tappet plate spring tension and the tappet plate guide on the other gearbox holds it down so it doesn't bend.

when closing the gearbox, make sure the sector gear is rotated so the tappet plate is not engaging.

4. somerandomdude

pasadena
    Okay I understand why the tappet plate wouldn't go back now but now that that is fixed the air nozzle when fires goes forward then back instead of starting out in the forward position

5. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    that's normal...

does it feed and fire bb's fine?

6. somerandomdude

pasadena
    No the bbs only go about 40 ft and travel really slow

7. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    take the gearbox apart. remove the cylinder, piston, spring, spring guide, ARL, tappet plate spring. leave tappet plate and gears in and screw down the gearbox. spin test the gears while holding the selector plate in full auto mode. it should spin without restriction.

next, push the nozzle in and out. it should not have any resistance.

the spin test is to check your shimming, the nozzle test is to make sure the tappet fin is not rubbing on the sector gear.

compare the lengths of the air nozzles. make sure they are the same length. you can also sand down the front of the tappet plate to make a better seal between the hopup and nozzle.

8. somerandomdude

pasadena
    I checked all those they seem to be fine

9. somerandomdude

pasadena
    thanks for your help i figured out that i had not put in rubber sealing peace for the blow back so everything is fixed now

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Omg lol xD the infamous green rubber piece? Lol