Tar 21

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by sniperkill3, Aug 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sniperkill3

sniperkill3 New Member

What's your opinion of the Tar 21

2. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    If you're asking because you plan on buying one there is already tons of threads that can be found on the same topic. Even if there wasn't, you supplied too little of information.

3. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

Oh it's a great gun. I absolutely love it. But this forum isn't for real guns, so give us a brand.

4. sniperkill3

sniperkill3 New Member

S&T tavor Tar 21. Good, bad, upgrades, the whole 9 yards

5. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Ares TAR-21. Good. And I'm selling one.

My only problem with the TAR is that it isn't well balanced. It's fairly back heavy.

6. sniperkill3

sniperkill3 New Member

Does it have an under barrel rail? If so, I plan on adding a grenade launcher

7. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    No. .

8. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    Nope. I'm sure you could make it work though.

9. sniperkill3

sniperkill3 New Member

I'm planning on putting a holo sight on it

10. INFANTRYPRO

INFANTRYPRO New Member

The S&T Tar 21 is a piece of crap. Externals are probably the worst I've ever seen. The gearbox I plastic and it's super inaccurate.

11. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Uh-huh. Yep that nylon reinforced gearbox is just SOOOOOO BAAAAAAD...

I've out over 20,000 rounds through an S&T Tavor over the course of 2 days recently, and it held up like a champ. We opened it up later and it was asking for more punishment. If you can get over the externals, the internals are amazing. I don't know what you mean about "super innaccurate," as no stock gun is uber1337 COD ACR laser gun accurate. That takes a little tuning (hop-up). The nylon reinforced gearbox is stronger than the JG gearbox shells, it bends instead of cracking.

12. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    But but...metal is always stronger than plastic. That's why they'd never use a polymer on a plane, a spacecraft, high performance machinery ect...

13. Thatguyoverthere1111

Mandeville
    Yes, but for the purposes of our little hobby, it works just as well as a JG aluminum/zinc shell. Somewhat better.

Edit: the only time I could see it braking is if you made the thing to shoot 500 FPS. THEN it might break. Maybe.

And it's not plastic per say, it's nylon fibers weaves together to form a shell that resembles a plastic look and feel. Much stronger than polymer and ABS.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2012
  14. Hydra572

Hydra572 New Member

Superior
    So...you missed the sarcasm of my post then?

Polymers are used in all three of the things I listed... lol.

Of course a properly designed plastic can be better than metal.

15. MR38

MR38 Active Member

Washington
    Please don't listen to INFANTRYPRO's post. I love my S&T Tavor it's and amazing gun and in my opinion it's pros far out weigh its cons. It is amazingly light and is well balanced (S&T's is wired to front). It gearbox is very solid and is stronger then cheaper "potmetal" gearboxes. It has a quick change spring system so is is a great field and CQB gun. But I do recommend upgrading its motor and hop-up bucking and if you can its barrel too.

16. Jelly

Jelly New Member

San Jose
    A kid at my field uses the S&T Tavor, it has nice performance, I'd get it too if I had the money.

17. teamseal

teamseal New Member

I did some research and it sounds like a great gun for under 200$ . I think you should get one but if you want to get one with a rail system get it off of airsoft megastore for 160$

18. CQB

CQB New Member

There is a version with a metal gearbox if no one has noticed yet.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.