Tar-21

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Mooner, Nov 17, 2012.

1. Mooner

Mooner New Member

Davis County
    Do any of you know a company selling a TAR besides S&T? Theirs is crap, and the internals are terrible. I absolutely love these guns

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    1) Their's is not crap
    2) Yes, Ares.

3. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    The s&t has proprietary parts..

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    So does the Ares... But at half the price, the S&T seems to hold up quite fine.

5. beanmaster50

beanmaster50 New Member

Superior
    Yes, from my understanding Ares bought S&T's rights to the gun and put their name on it. (correct me if I am wrong) Ares tried to fix some of S&T's probs but I have no idea weather they were successful or not.

6. thuperman15

thuperman15 New Member

Let's remember ares needs to fix there own problems with their tar

7. Drekavac

Drekavac New Member

Doesn't it have a polymer gearbox shell?

8. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
    That gearbox is tough despite it being polymer. The S&T is a great gun and can handle a lot of stress. If you can overlook the somewhat bad externals, it's an extremely great buy.

9. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Not to mention now they have a metal version.

10. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I would still recommend the poly gearbox over the cheap pot-metal version because it will mold to the gears instead of cracking. I also disagree with the S&T Tavor being crap statement. It is a very good stock CQB primary and with the right upgrades can compete with and surpass high-end AEGs.

11. dylan484

dylan484 New Member

Tifton
    What type tappet plate fits best? My friend broke his and wants me to fix it, (rolls eyes)

12. Blades

Blades New Member

It all boils down to this: Airsoft mainly links quality with price. If you're on a budget, get an S&T, but good luck, and may the force be with you. Mike seemed to have luck with it so talk to him about it. Ares, which is what I have, is obviously more expensive, but worth every cent. The quality is unparalleled and it is fantastic. My friend has over 100k rounds easily with the Ares. The gearboxes are fantastic, and don't have the horrid cracking rate that S&T's have. I'd go Ares over S&T any day, but notice the price difference. You get what you pay for. And what mike said, upgrades are your friend with the S&T.

13. Mooner

Mooner New Member

Davis County
    Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I understand that ASGI is having a Black Friday sale, and the S&T just happens to be on the list. I think I'm going to be purchasing it for sure, especially since it'll be at such a discounted price.

14. Blades

Blades New Member

Well, congratulations, future fellow Tar owner! You won't be disappointed, Tars are ridiculously fun to shoot, especially with their bullpup design.

15. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    Good choice I took mine out today and had a great day of fun CQB action. It worked flawlessly for me.

16. Blades

Blades New Member

What FPS/RPS is your tar running at? And any internal upgrades?

17. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    It chronoed a 335 today and all it has right now is a shimmed gear-set but everything else is stock.

18. Blades

Blades New Member

What's the RPS? I also suggest a Prometheus tightbore and Madbull bucking, I've got range out to 250 feet, no joke. That's with 330fps, it's farther with the 400fps spring.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  19. MR38

MR38 New Member

Washington
    I not sure of the RPS because All of the local CQB fields are semi only. I also only use the gun for CQB so I don't range past 100 feet. And I has seen the wonders of the Prometheus tightbore and Madbull bucking combo. If I were going to upgrade mine i would increase the trigger response but it works fine with a 9.6v.

20. Blades

Blades New Member

Wow! That's rather harsh. I personally don't like using full auto on my Tar because the range is so great with semi and I like conserving ammo. I transferred all of my guns over to deans and 7.4v lipo's and they work great (I LOVE the huge battery compartment in the tar). To be honest, that upgrade isn't completely necessary unless you are used to shooting over 100ft, because you won't run into that with CQB. I would highly recommend a 9.6v or especially a 7.4v lipo for trigger response and battery longevity, but the accuracy upgrades aren't mandatory.