Tbb?

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Joshpeck, Oct 19, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Does having a longer tbb increase range? Or is it just from compression?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    A longer barrel doesn't do much for you until you get into high FPS builds. At normal ~400ish FPS levels, as long as you're hitting carbine length, you're not going to see a lot of change. So rule that out.

A tighter bore can increase your FPS, but it's a marginal increase. You're likely to see an extra 5-10 FPS, which will give you an extra couple of feet of range. It's there, but insignificant, so rule that out.

The big performance increase you get is from barrel quality and consistency. A well made barrel will keep your groupings tighter regardless of bore size, which will give you a dramatic increase in effective range (the range at which you can accurately hit a target). This is where installing a good tightbore really benefits you. While it won't put your bbs out any farther, you'll be shooting lasers right out to your terminal range, which gives you a decided leg up on your target.

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    I LOL'd hard at the lazer part

4. Knief

Ann Arbor
    The thing is, that's not even a bad analogy. Last gun I put a KM TN tightbore in, I one shotted a 1" gap in a pallet at about 150 feet for a kill. Groupings on that gun were absurd, and it was only 285mm barrel.

5. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    and a link to this amazing barrel hasnt been posted why?

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
  7. Protectionperfection

Worcester
    lol ok then. Prometheus be the next best in your opinion?

8. Knief

Ann Arbor
  9. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    So what exactly makes for better range exactly? Inst it the compression in your gun and having a good air seal .

I play at a supper long range field so I really want the most ridiculous range ever.

In search for increasing your range what things can you do?

I have seen that video of the * reaps*, but my reason for thinking its bs is its made by the manufacture. Any thoughts???

Also feel free to throw out your opinion on upgrade in terms of range.

10. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    Hop up.
    REAPS is retarded, regular hop can shoot just as far.

R and ER-hop