Team camo

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by airsoftbum1578, Nov 1, 2012.

1. airsoftbum1578

airsoftbum1578 New Member

Hi im kind of new to airsoft. I just wanted to know if most teams have a team camo, so when i get a new vest i wont have to buy another one if it isnt the right camo. Thanks!

2. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    Most teams will have a team camo for a vest I would probaly go with tan or black because they go with almost anything.

3. glenlovesm4

glenlovesm4 New Member

Knoxville
    Nooooooooooo. Don't buy black. It blends in with nothing. Try coyote brown or khaki. Those are the 2 best colors to get pc/ chest rig wise IMO.

4. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    A lot of teams have a couple different camo patterns so that they can match their environment or follow different game rules. For instance, my team requires that all members own both Multicam and Woodland MARPAT, as well as some third type of very tan camo (3 color DCU, Desert MARPAT, A-TACS AU, etc.). It keeps us looking uniform and allows us to play in just about every environment and every game.

As for vest color, you're right that wearing a vest in one pattern with camo of another often looks pretty stupid. So what I usually recommend is that you buy a solid color vest that matches with a lot of different camo patterns instead. As glenlovesm4s pointed out, black is terrible for that (it stands out in almost every situation and looks stupid 95% of the time), but khaki and coyote brown are almost universally good. They blend well in the woods and look good with most camo patterns. I personally wear khaki gear with everything and look fabulous all day long.

5. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I was thinking on going OD gear. Thought it would look okay even over tan and non-green schemes. What's your though Knief?

6. Knief

Ann Arbor
    I would advise against it. OD is a relic of the crazy lush bright green forests of Vietnam. In most places in the US, and definitely at the fields in Michigan, tans and browns are the dominant colors by far. You don't necessarily see that when you glance across No Limits, for instance, but that's because the green is a brighter, more visually striking color. It stands out against the more neutral tans. Think about that for a second. The greens stand out, the tans fade into the background. That's exactly what you want to do.

Khaki or Coyote Brown will both look better and make you stand out to your opponents less. If you really want to go green, Ranger Green isn't bad. It's a little dark, so you'll stand out some because of that contrast, but it's a much more muted green than OD, so it isn't quite so striking. I'd still say go khaki or CB.

7. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    Alright... I'm gonna PM you on some stuff.... Time to get the first part of my future setup.

8. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    You can use whatever you want for camo honestly, Khaki and Cyote vests are most common and match most everything. Our team runs black vests without a problem over Digi Desert and soon over woodland. There is nothing wrong with black. Everyone says its the worst camo color but you know what? I have laid down in the middle of a road in low light and been walked right passed. Im not trying to disappear into the shadows but break up the tan based and look like a low lying area or rock or tree stump. I can pick out Multicam and ACU out in any environment over a black vest. Thats me personally but hey to each their own

9. YoYo-Pete

YoYo-Pete New Member

Ypsilanti
    I'm running a black AR vest over Woodland.... I'm not so much worried about the camouflaging aspect of it as much as wanting to get into gear that is more appropriate for MilSim games.

10. Knief

Ann Arbor
    That's entirely just you. Extensive empirical testing by the people who use this stuff to save your life says black sucks. There's a reason why it was phased out, and it wasn't a ploy by Big Cordura. Black is ineffective, even detrimental, in any natural environment that isn't the side of a volcano, and most man made environments (it really shines in laser tag). One anecdote to the contrary isn't reason enough to suggest it given the volumes of evidence against it.

11. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    Now I never said black was the best or that it blends in the best. I am saying that in my area that I play, it works well. To each their own. I personally would choose Khaki or Coyote but our team started with tan pants and black shirt and vest as a uniform, we just decided to stick with it. Its not horrible but if I could do it again, it ouwld be Khaki or Coyote instead of black

12. CoppertopNeasg

CoppertopNeasg New Member

Boston
    My team runs woodland, multicam and A-TACS depending on the environment.

13. Hartman96

Hartman96 Active Member

Woodville
    We run 6 color and m81 woodland.

14. champo98

champo98 New Member

Oh yeah! My team leader own the smartest person around, so we run black vests, white/ sky blue shirts, and black pants or jeans. I feel like I'm playing with the worst team on the planet. If I had a say, we would use 1. OD/ ranger green over and acu bdu set. Or,tan on woodland. It all depends on where you play, and if your ever going to play anywhere else where you need to be versatile.

15. 1badweasel

1badweasel New Member

Santa Rosa
    Why not just make your own team. If you don't like dressing up like a clown, do your own thing.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  16. THE_ELIMANATOR

THE_ELIMANATOR New Member

Hebron
    My team runs multicam or tan depending on the situtaion.

17. champo98

champo98 New Member

i would, but most people i know are best friends with the team leader, so they would never leave his team for mine. i might just do that because it is a little ridiculious.