Team Management

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by MamothBear, Dec 3, 2012.

1. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    How is your team set up?
    Is it a group of people that is split up?
    Do you have a definitive role every game?
    Is there a team manager?
    Any oner team positions? (like sole tech, gear repearer,and etc)
    How big is a fire team?
    Are you milsim or just players? (if in between which do you lean toward)
    And please tell of any other interestin or unique pieces of your team.

2. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    I have helped put a team together, and to answer your questions:
    1-Yes. We do that to simulate realism, and to have better field flexibility.
    2-Yes. If we had nothing but snipers, it wouldn't be a team. We all have certain roles to cover certain aspects that other members may be lacking in. Range, rof, mobility, equipment, etc.
    3-Not that I know of, we have a team leader, but not a team manager.
    4- Actually, yes. We have a resident tech, but that's really it. Make sure your tech knows exactly what he is doing.
    5-A fire team is generally 4 people (correct me if I'm wrong any one), and can be 5 people if there's an extra body.
    6-We are para-milsim. We don't use real-cap mags, we use mid-caps and one hi-cap, and try our best to do things as legitimately as possible.
    7-Uniforms. Done to make sure we can identify on the field, as well as make the members FEEL like a team. It can be anything from woodland BDU, multicam, flecktarn, or khaki's and OD teeshirts. It's up to you guys. A team patch or insignia. Makes everyone feel legit, plus gives a sense of professionalism.

Hope that helps!

3. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    How is your team set up?
    4 of us founded the team and have full control

Is it a group of people that is split up?
    we are 1 squad for field and two squads for cqb

Do you have a definitive role every game?
    everyone has a base role but we can all do every job (forced practice in every position)

Is there a team manager?
    Gerneal Team Manager, Treasurer, On Field Command and Media is teh 4 way split we use

Any oner team positions? (like sole tech, gear repearer,and etc)
    We are all decent in knowledge but we have one guy who knows a bit more than the rest

How big is a fire team?
    right now we are 7 going on 8 out of 11 for the squad. Normally a squad is 2 fire teams (5 per team) and 1 squad leader

Are you milsim or just players? (if in between which do you lean toward)
    Some of us are MilSim and other are just casual players. We all will play MilSim and casual. (I run MilSim, KWA LM4 with 30rd only mags)

And please tell of any other interesting or unique pieces of your team.
    Our Uniforms are Desert Digital and Woodland. We play any side ("good or bad guys") and will always fight to win even if we are out numbered.

check us out, the website is linked in my Sig

4. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    HOLY RAZZLEBERRIES BATMAN! You use Weebly too?!
    Check ours out: http://marsairsoft.weebly.com/

5. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    Thanks for the info.. So i am guessing both groups that have responded run either milsim or casual. They bother are no bigger than 5 to a squad. Do you all have a feeder group? (A group that you invite people into to see if they like the sport? The feeder group also generaly contains the players who bail, arent team players, and etcc)

6. Protectionperfection

Protectionperfection New Member

Worcester
    we run as a team. if someone shows interest in the team they have a trial period where they play with us for 3 games and who up to practice with us to show commitment and this also gives both them and us a chance to see how they fit with the group. We require a unanimous vote by all current members to accept anyone. Sometimes people will lpay and be very interested for a little while but then just loose interest. We dont fault you or hate you, we simply ask that you return patches and if you ever want to play, hit us up for a game.
    Have have lost 2 members in the past that were not civil. One lied to us about having a money issue and couldnt play but really just left for a team closer to his house and the other had personal issues and just decided to leave on bad terms. We hold no ill will to them but we will not invite them to play again.
    Our team is a family. Once you are accepted, you will be treated as such. We expect everyone to to treat other members as such.
    We will play whatever comes around. We have a minimum of 1 game and 1 meeting/practice a month. so if there are no MilSim games we will play regular. MilSim are usually known months in advance