Team S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S is now recruiting!

Discussion in 'Illinois Airsoft Forum' started by Spartans1, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Spartans1

Spartans1 New Member

Flora
    We are now recruiting! Team S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S is a team of currently 9 members. We are always looking to recruit newbies. We have a training program to assist with members with little to none experience. Some of our members have 5+ years experience and also military background. We are located in southern Illinois (flora) between effingham and Carbondale. We do have a membership fee of $30, which is paid before new members are allowed to join us in events. We practice every other Sunday year round. If interested, please feel free to message me. Thanks.
    Co captain
    S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    What does S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S. stand for?

3. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    What is the purpose of the fee? Do you get anything for it? Because peying before you get to join seems rather strange to me.

4. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

It's pretty much his way of paying for team stuff like patches. Or I could be off and it supports his airsoft career.

5. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    Ah well, he should tell people the reason before they even consider getting in.
    It is like buying a car. You are told the price and the reasons behind the price.

"Hi, I would like to know the price of this car."
    "No. Not until you decide to buy it."
    "How do I know I want to buy it if I do not know the price and if it is worth it?"
    "Well, too bad for you..."

6. mockingshot

mockingshot New Member

I wouldn't pay to play with him because I would like to see what its like. I agree with that car comparison.

7. Spartans1

Spartans1 New Member

Flora
    I'm sorry for not mentioning what the fee is for. It is not to better my airsoft career. The new member receives a field knife and a team patch. With the rest of the dues it goes into a team savings account to help purchase ammo for the team as well as other weapons that the entire team can use. We also save for other supplies. As for when the dues are paid, we do expect new recruits to join us in practice to see how we train before deciding to making the commitment. As for other money that we receive, we do fund raisers. Cookouts, rummage sales, etc. We are not trying to get hold of anybodies money to better a single cause. It is to help an entire team so that everything is not constantly coming out of their own pockets. It is only a one time fee and if that member wishes to they can donate. We do not ask for anything else except ti give it their all for their team. Sorry for any misunderstandings.
    Co captain
    S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S

8. Spartans1

Spartans1 New Member

Flora
    S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S stand for soldiers playing airsoft rendering teams annihilated n slaughtered. In my above post I forgot to mention that new member dues have to be paid before they are allowed to join us at a tournament. We are more than happy to have them at practice to see how we operate.
    Co captain
    S.P.A.R.T.A.N.S

Last edited: Sep 11, 2012
  9. Shiftyshooter

Prague
    That, I can understand. That is actually a pretty good idea.

10. BlackWidow6

BlackWidow6 New Member

Hi dad...it's me kaleb lol (@Spartans1)

11. Foshizl

Foshizl New Member

St. Louis
    I'm interested, actually. Are there team uniforms? Any conditions? Prerequisites? I have been playing for the past 5 years. No n00bz here.
    PM me, if you're still advertising.

12. wmccalla

wmccalla New Member

I am also interested
    Is there any kind of gear of BDU's you must have to join

Sent from my iPhone using Airsoft Society

13. p_siner01

p_siner01 New Member

I'm new to airsoft and I would like to play somewhere

14. 137airsoftlover

137airsoftlover New Member

Are you in southern Illinois