Team training exercises?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by S1lentkiller910, Aug 12, 2012.

1. S1lentkiller910

S1lentkiller910 New Member

Me and my buddy are setting up an airsoft team where we hope we can get organized enough to go out to Milsim places and other events. My question is does anyone have ideas for training exercises of any kind? I already have an idea for our scout/sniper team (I know snipers aren't the same in airsoft which is why they will be more of fast scouts) which would be for only 2 people to get to an area and scout it (relay back info on something such as who a VIP is) and get back without being found by patrols, but I can't think of any other exercises. We have a lot of mixed woods including trails (both wide an narrow) and some open area's too. Any idea's are welcome. (also sorry in advance for bad grammar and punctuation.)

2. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

Downed pilot exercises. (Simulates a stranded teamate). As a different exercise, have 2 or 3 people hold a fort while a force if more than 3 attack it....etc.

P.s. these exercises test and train individual or small group skills...

3. S1lentkiller910

Thanks I've always liked those kinds of games. I also looking for exercises of some kind (for example I was thinking of having one guy with a M240 hold a bunker and have Everyone else rush it with either spring pistols or nothing at all so people learn not to be afraid of taking hits which is a bit of a problem for some people

4. Defcon5

Defcon5 New Member

That's a great idea!

5. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

What my team is going to start doing is listening to music that blocks all of the ambient notices while Airsofting. Such as: foot steps, shots, ect. This, I would imagine, would train you to very, very, observant with your eyes. You may want to try it with your team. My team hasn't tried it, but it seems like it might work.

6. S1lentkiller910

Thanks! I'm trying to think I things like that where it's not just team work getting better but the individual too seeing as only me and my buddy are the only all around good ones(not saying the others can't get better). my cousin who plays with me is great for following orders and will charge head on into fire if I needed him to. But still I've been looking around online for training idea's but beside just playing I can't think of smaller exercises.

7. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Set up a quick CQC course where you set up targets. Where each member has to run through and shoot at and hit each target before proceeding to the next one.

8. SpartanReconAirsoft

SpartanReconAirsoft New Member

Edmond
    Downed pilot is a good one, but we use it for training mainly new members, that we taught basics too in an exercise where they have to utilize it. They have to use effective movement, land navigation, speed. Time limit is usually an hour and 30 minutes.

Covering 5 miles, while also having to avoid patrols (teammates). Effective movement has to be evade a waiting sniper team.

Sniper teams utilize a very skilled stalk, partially because we have a marine sniper as the watcher. Must execute an effective shot on a 12x12 (inches) target. Starting from 500 yards away, using parallel movement. As well we have enemy movements, that they must be detailed reports on.

Glass house for CQB is simplest, but even using obstacle courses will work.