Tear gas?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by Zak17, Oct 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

Not real tear gas; just taking the spray out of some axe; filling it with water and make a mechanism for a continuous spray; those within a 5 meter radius are "disabled" as rules for the game? With fake (or real) gasmasks to "defeat" this "grenade"? Can be used to clear enemy posisition or base/rooms What are your thoughts? Suggestions? Battlefield effectiveness? Cost per canister? Versatility?

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Bad idea. Bad bad idea. Don't douse your opponents in stank.

3. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

No no no; replace the axe with water ;p just putting it in the cannister

4. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member

Pierce County
    Since many people use mesh eye pro, this is still a very bad idea.
    In the same way that Cidasoft grenades were a bad idea.

5. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Even worse, this shows that you don't understand how pressure and physics in general work. Unless you aerosolize the contents, it'll act just like a water bottle full of water. You know how water bottles don't spray? Same thing here.

6. Zak17

Zak17 New Member

Post removed by author.

7. Sparky_D

Pierce County
    On a lighter note, we did use small cans of Silly String as Zombie Repellant for a Zombie Game.

It was quite fun...

Could possibly go that route.

8. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Yeah, sometimes enemy BO distracts me as well, great idea.

9. GoldHawk_Airsoft

GoldHawk_Airsoft New Member

Exactly. Its an ok idea, but the laws of physics will deny it from working. You would need the aerosol in the container to work. Also, if someone would get it in their mouth, technically the axe is an inhalent, which can technically kill you if you inhale enough of it through your mouth or nose. It would be a rare case, but still a possibility. I would suggest using something like a can of silly string or something? I don't know, but try to think of some safer and better alternatives :)

10. ncore

ncore New Member

Pittsburgh
    ude, just use silly string. Its cheap and it will leave a better mark then any spray bottle, and you just pull it off. Don't go spraying water on people, thats not cool.

11. maxwell

maxwell New Member

topeka
    or you could just use an air duster. :)

12. Sparky_D

Pierce County
  13. Asian

Asian New Member

I know I'm jumping into this post a little late but I get what the guy is saying. Airsoft is a MilSim and in real life military situations there is tear gas so he just wants an airsoft version. The problem with this is without actually causing people to become disabled we would have to make people act like they were tear gas and be "disabled" for a short amount of time while some walks up and kills them. I think that somewhere in there there was a good idea or intent, but airsoft is a MilSim not LARP so expecting people to act like they're disabled is a little far fetched. Just use a grenade then they're dead, didn't have to wait for someone to do it as they stand there helpless, and we don't spray water on anyone's loadouts or weapons.

14. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Why not use colored smoke grenades? Boom problem solved ^.^

15. Da-ninjabreadman

Da-ninjabreadman Member

Hutchinson
    would it be out of the question to use very weak tear gas in a hardcore milsim game? is that even legal to do?

16. Southpawlegend

Southpawlegend New Member

Salisbury
    Smoke grenades because there would be no confusion if you in the smoke ur disabled

17. Knief

Ann Arbor
    Yes, very out of the question.

18. Commie

Commie New Member

Grand Rapids
    Honestly I would go to a milsim like that.

19. brettcp97

brettcp97 New Member

birmingham
    Have you ever been around tear gas when its deployed? Im pretty sure even hardcore milsim players don't want to be coughing, sneezing, being blind and having trouble breathing for 45mins after its deployed. Even with a military gas mask it will still be slightly irritating. I think using coloured smoke as to simulate tear gas is a great idea.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.