Tears of the Sun M4

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by HUNK, Sep 21, 2012.

1. HUNK

HUNK New Member

Lee's Summit
    About to order a JG M4 Basic model. I intend on doing some external upgrades to it, to mimic an style/series of M4s seen in Tears of the Sun. I specifically want to do Waters M4 and Lakes M4, using a free float in place of a two piece RIS (had this recommended to me by a local player who has years of experience). With Waters's M4, I know I can store the battery in the DBAL. However, doing Lake's has the issue of where to store the battery. Considering that I'd be new to modifying an AEG to this extent I wanted to know what advice to take, other than going to go buy another M4. All help is appreciated.

The rifles I'm trying to imitate/reproduce:
    Waters
    [​IMG]
    Above is only missing the PEQ box and Z mount
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Lake
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    Get a buffer tube lipo for a battery. Unless you put it in the PEQ like the first example.

3. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Delta ring will probably have to be changed to a real style delta ring.

4. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    You could wire it to the back and store a small Lipo in the buffer tube.

IHOP beat me to it.

5. HUNK

HUNK New Member

Lee's Summit
    Would the basic be able to handle a lipo stock? If not, what upgrades would I be considering? Keep in mind that my field max is either 365 fps for one, and 400 fps for the other.

6. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
  7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Seems to me like both those guns would be a "simple build" It's mainly your standard RIS M4 with some attachments.

8. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    It's not a PEQ, it's a DBAL-I.

It's pretty simple to build, it's basically just an older school Block I rifle.

Regular 14.5" M4 with a KAC RIS.

CAR-15 stock, PEQ-2/DBAL/Whatever, Aimpoint Comp M2, KAC Vertical Grip.
    Done.

9. HUNK

HUNK New Member

Lee's Summit
    I keep making that mistake, and I keep beating myself up for it.

I was more so asking for tips on going into this first build, as it wouldn't be as "simple" for me.

10. Robin-Hood

Robin-Hood New Member

Inverness
    Well there's no real work you need to do if you start with a regular M4A1, it's just external bolt ons.