Technical problems G36C

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Phylos, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Hey guys,
    I got a few technical problems with my new baby, the ASG SLV36 (a better version of the JG G36C) :mad:

My first concern is the FPS. My field doesn't allow anything above 350, so I bought the gun on a website that said that it would shoot 315 FPS (which is my ideal FPS). I don't own a chronograph and the next airsoft shop is 45 minutes from where I live, so I don't really have the means to know exactly the FPS of my baby. So I ended in drinking a coke and then shooting the can to get the approximate FPS. Which is above 350 FPS (the BB's pierced the middle of the bottom of the can) :(
    So, if my gun really shoots above 350, I'll have to downgrade it. The problem is that my local airsoft shop needs $65 to take the gearbox apart, plus $20 for the spring.... Since I'm in high school and living off the $10 my parents give me weekly, it's a no-brainer that I'll have to wait another month or so before being able to play airsoft again :(
    And here comes my first question: what spring do I need to get the 315-330 FPS ? And can you give me an idea about how it works to swap springs ?

Next, my baby got's issues with the semi-auto... Sometimes it decides "nah, I'm getting fed up with this semi auto crap" and it starts shooting in 2 or 3 rounds bursts :lol: Needless to say it's really annoying when playing in a semi-auto-only game :(
    Okay, what the heck is happening and what can I (or a tech) do to fix it ?

So yeah, thanks for answering !

2. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

First: don't waist money hiring a tech to swap a spring, it's easy. An m90 or m100 should put you around your goal. Also, springs degrade over time, so if your gun is brand new it should lose some spring rigidity.

Now onto the semi problem, my G36c had that problem, I just took it apart and put it back together and it worked perfect... I have no idea what I did either. Lol it just worked.

3. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Is the Classic Army M100 spring good ? If not, which spring should I buy ? Madbull (which is kinda overpriced to me), Ultimate Upgrade, etc...

Well, it's the first time I'd take an AEG apart, so it's kinda risky. I found some tutorials, but I'm not sure if I could do it without breaking anything...
    Oh yeah, and what GB versions do G36's have ? V3 ?

Lol okay :D
    Do you think a Mosfet might help ?

4. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    G36s have a V3 gearbox. Also, 65 bucks for a spring change? That's a little steep. I charge 25 dollars for a full upgrade. Lol. Well, plus the parts and shipping of course. Spring changes are easy. Take a look at the stickies here. It'll help you a lot!

About the semi auto problem, it's either something to do with the cut off lever sticking or something like that. Easily remedied. Probably was installed too tight at the factory.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2012
  5. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Yeah, you know how it is in France now :/
    If I hired you to downgrade my replica, the shipping would take like a week and cost like $100 lol
    Okay so I'll take a look at the stickies then :)

And could you please explain what the heck a "cut off lever sticking" is, and how it is remedied ? :)

6. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, in your gun there's a lever that "cut off" full auto. If it sticks (returns to its original position slowly), the sector gear could make one or two subsequent rotations. Hit it with a little shock oil at its base and take it off and put it back on. If that doesn't solve it, it could be rubbing on the shell or gears.

7. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Okay I'll do it as soon as I take my gun apart.
    And what springs should I buy? Classic Army M100 ?

8. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Okay, so I'll buy either the Madbull or the Systema M100 spring. Which is best ?

9. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    The madbull IMO. I really like modify springs though. :p

10. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    The Madbull is "nonlinear", what does that mean? It's a bit cheaper than the Systema so...

11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Systema stuff is overpriced and isn't even good. Non linear means the coils are different distances from each other and expand and contract in different areas if I remember correctly. Don't quote me on that though.

12. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Okay so no Systema then. Do you know what the "non linear" actually changes ?

13. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    I'll dig around and try and find the answer. You should try to as well.

14. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Yup I'll try to find some info (in French as well :D )

15. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Alright basically, the benefit of a non linear spring is less gear and piston wear. This is the case because the spring requires less force to pull at first when only a few teeth are on the piston. It then gets harder to pull at the end. The same force is exerted as a linear spring, just at different intervals.

16. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Okay gotcha :)
    So it seems this Madbull is a good choice for $13 :)

17. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Yup. (20 characters)

18. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    Okay well thanks for your help, this community is really nice :D

19. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    You caught me on a good string of days XD. Some times I'll get a little angry at people when they refuse to help themselves.

20. Phylos

Phylos New Member

Valbonne
    LOL yeah happens to me too :D