Techs please HELP!

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by Demosthenes, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Demosthenes

Demosthenes Member

So i currently wanted to upgrade my JG M4 S-System and I wanted to get a metal body for it. The problem that I have is that all the S-System bodies are made out of pot metal and crappy etc. So thing I was wondering is that can a regular M4 body fit on an S-System? I know that S-Systems is an M4 outfitted with a SIR rail but what bodies can fit on my gun since some screws may not line up correctly?

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Hmm, someone else should chime in to confirm this, but I hear the upper receiver is proprietary for the S system.

3. IHOP

IHOP New Member

Rockton
    I'm pretty sure that the receiver is normal, but instead of a normal top rail being screwes into the top, the S system rail takes it's place. You can use another receiver as long as you take the top rail off the receiver before installing the S systen rail on it.

4. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Depends. A TM style Reciever is proprietary to itself with its own SIR rail. You'll notice it just by looking at the delta ring.

The newer versions is a screw on RIS system. Like the DBoys version. Or the hurricane and the old STAR brand SIR RIS kits.

I don't care for the SIR rails lol. Cause... Eh... Personal preference lol ;)