Tell about your homemade airsoft gear!!!

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by PvtParts, Jul 17, 2009.

1. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

i make my all own airsoft gear because i cant afford any. recently ive made 2 ghillie suits, a tac vest, a tac belt, and i make a lot of things out of old backpacks.

Anybody make any gear before, and what did you use for it

2. GolfisGood

GolfisGood New Member

Elmhurst
    I had an extra camoflauge jacket so I cut off the sleeves. I custom fitted the pockets for my M4 magazines. I made the sleeves into a dump pouch. It sounds cheep but it works like it is suppose to.

3. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

thats awsome. in the end homemade gear is all about saving the money, not to mention its all custom

4. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    I used PVC pipe, foam and spray paint to make a silencer/barrel extention. People don't even notice its home made. I have to tell them lol. Then there like," whoow thats awsome can you make me one!"

5. Krazyboy87

Krazyboy87 New Member

i got these real nice paint knee pads. now...they are not just for painting but that is why they we originaly bout. they have nice soft gel(doctor scholls thing) going on. then on the outside is somewhat like the bottom for a shoe.... but they are nice and hold up well.

6. Krazyboy87

Krazyboy87 New Member

i have also made my own homemade airsoft gernades...... :D

7. captain zacheus

captain zacheus New Member

Troy
    i wanna hear about the grenades lol

8. bionicarm

bionicarm Guest

I made a holster out of an old canteen cover. An extra mag pouch out of a camera case (I actually did add stuff to it not just stick it on my belt) . Working on plans for a hydration pack out of a BDU sleeve. Silencer from foam, the inside of a roll of wrapping paper and a hard plastic hose extender for a vacuum. Some gloves made out of the feet of pantyhose because I hate sweaty hands. These were a fail because they shredded like tissue paper but they did keep my hands cool.

I just don't see home made grenades being especially safe. Especially because most of them use explosives like firecrackers. I don't have a problem with playing with fire crackers but throwing them at ppl???

9. johngol10

johngol10 Grunt Life Supporting Member

Camp Pendleton
    I made a drop leg holster out of an old backpack,worked perfectly. Had 2 netted mag pouches and i could securely fit an m9 in there.

10. mollylover45

mollylover45 New Member

Manhattan
    i made a plate carrier out of an actual army plate carrier but i got it for free and it is legit, ghille suit (works but it isn't perfect) a sound aplifier, stubby silencer, 8 inch silencer, neoprene face rap, and i am curious how you guys made the vests.

11. willstab

willstab Active Member

12. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

i took apart two backpacks and take the large foam part that touches your back and used them for the front and the back. then i took the arm straps and hot glued them to the sides of the foam thing then i took the tiny pockets from the small zipper pocket and glued them to front. i also glued the cell phone holder to the front. finally i glued buckles to the sides. its not the best quality but it works. (might be a little tight for some people.)

13. mollylover45

mollylover45 New Member

Manhattan
    can we see pictures? i might just have to do this.

14. PvtParts

PvtParts New Member

i'll see what i can do. im not very good at transfering pictures and all that frustrating stuff but i'll certainly try.once i get more back packs

15. G36fanatic...

G36fanatic... Supporting Member Supporting Member

Boulder
    go to tinypic.com Its free and you dont even need an acount. You chose select item, and a list comes up from your desktop items and you can search threw all you folders very easily. I was able to upload 30 pics in a half hour...

16. spetsnaz sniper

spetsnaz sniper New Member

i made a scope by cutting open some old binoculars and sticking them in to a pvc pipe

17. tommyvbc321

tommyvbc321 New Member

i took a old backpack spraypainted it camo and put a trash bag in it and filled it with water haha it looked rlly dumb but worked. i had to like rope around it and the backpack so it wouldnt spill, hardly ever use it though.

18. willstab

willstab Active Member

is this basically how ur tactical vest was made [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Kp7mMbvp-U]YouTube - Homemade Tactical Vest and Dump Pouch Review[/ame]

19. M4 Carbine

M4 Carbine New Member

I made a compact bb holder out of two tic tac containers taped together

20. r1p_c0rd

r1p_c0rd New Member Supporting Member

Central, Hong Kong
    some of these ideas are pretty cool, i'm suprised there aren't any photos yet... (hint, hint;))