Tell about your homemade airsoft gear!!!

Discussion in 'General Accessory Discussion' started by PvtParts, Jul 17, 2009.

1. aredin

aredin Member

Timisoara
    Yeah, little bit o' delay, but natural light sure makes toys look better. You may find below my custom TM springer (I own 3 of those, because they are so nicely built, quite accurate, awesome for shooting indoors...and I just love springers, so TMs are my Holy Grail in a way).
    - the main feature are the aluminium gripz (made of 3x1.5 mm aluminium pieces of flat bar), the original ones were a couple of plastic shells and two metallic weights, I really dislike having weights added on guns so they would seem heavier.
    - I added an under-barrel rail (KA) just to see if I like it (and I do!), a laser would be in order, for off-skirmish purposes of course.
    - the Xcortech XT301 compact tracer unit is attached only as a mock-up, I discovered that the 11 mm thread fit in the plastic external barrel quite snug if I inserted a small piece of paper (solid adapter solution query deployed in brain) - also regarding this, I was thinking to get a green laser to go with the green lit flying bbs.

Regarding the rail, a nice polished aluminium attachment might match the grips and look nice, laser on top of it if it will be the case (I've ordered a DBAL clone, but mostly in order to use on the AEP carbine kits and as a shoulder mounted light w/ laser for aesthetics and practical off-skirmish occasional use).

Do enjoy my new fancy customized Japanese quality springer:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 25, 2020
    aotsukisho likes this.
  2. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    this thread is kinda dead. i made a mandalorian starwars helmet with EVA foam and converted it to airsoft by putting in some airsoft goggles from on line. sadly, today i tested the goggles at close range with my LMG and they busted, so i need to replace the goggles. i want to make more gear and stuff tho. any ideas?

3. Shadowbane

Shadowbane Active Member

Pleasant Hill
    I weave Paracord. I make my own duty belts with cobra buckles and 2-pount, 1-point, and 2-to-1 point slings. I also make rifle retention lanyards that can hold your gun to your plate carrier and off of the sling wobble point for use at staging or during meals if you don't want to take your gun off. I started a website showcasing all of my 550 Paracord creations, www.shadowbaneinc.com .

4. adas1223

adas1223 Well-Known Member

stratford
    Made some 3d printed, clip on, low profile 25mm scope rings. Great for airsoft in a pinch. Or in my case, an ultra light build

You pinch them to slide over the picatinny rail. Then the scope tube snap fits to lock it In.

Screenshot_20211127-185408_Gallery.jpg

5. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    Do you have a photo?

6. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    will try to post one later

Graybeard likes this.
  7. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    here it is. srry fr the bad pic. looks bad rn because i been working on it. IMG_20211129_183808.jpg

Spacemonkey likes this.
  8. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    Cool. Is it vented?
    You should be able to find some ANSI z87.1 rated goggles to fit in that hole.

If fogging is an issue, I would suggest looking into the ExFog system. You can adapt it to your helmet.

Keep us posted!

9. RWS3

RWS3 New Member

Groesbeck
    i tried to do some kind of venting, but i do not really have any mesh or anything to cover a hole, so the fogging was pretty bad. Im just glad it busted BF i tried wearing it into a game.

10. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    Pick up a cheap mesh mask and use it as a donar.

RWS3 likes this.
  11. Graybeard

Graybeard Active Member

Silver Spring
    B562BDD1-661A-4A6D-8727-EE89C63B6880.jpeg Tankless HPA!

adas1223 and RWS3 like this.