tennisball grenade launcher?

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by henrymac6, Jul 27, 2012.

1. henrymac6

henrymac6 Member

lexington
    hey guys and maybe some galls i was wondering if you had any thoughts or ideas on a tennis ball grenade launcher:D

2. thatoneguy

thatoneguy New Member

Lakeville
    I had the same thinking a while back and drew up plans for both a air compressed and rubber and powered models. Never really got a good triggering mechanism going, so I scrapped it.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Most legit fields I know of will only allow launchers if they are powered by M203 shells.

4. henrymac6

henrymac6 Member

lexington
    what do you mean? by that

5. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    I mean the projectiles are propelled by an M203 shower shell loaded with just gas (no BBs).

It's the fields way of making sure that only devices under established safe pressure thresholds are being used.

6. PGids

PGids New Member

Vassalboro
    I have one. 3inch air chamber, 2.5 inch barrel which is the perfect size for a tennis ball, and AFAIK you can only buy it online at stores that cater to spud guns. I'll have a link for you soon.

Best valve that is very easy to make is to mod a sprinkler valve with a blow gun, you can find tons of video on how to do that on YouTube. I have a 1 inch valve, and I get pretty good range.

7. henrymac6

henrymac6 Member

lexington
    yeah i see i was more thinking like a tube that fits around the grenade and launch it out i gues you could use a mortar system, dropping it in then pulling the trigger as it gets close to the bottom. an issue i recently thought of was how the grenade could activate as you pull the trigger, thats why i was asking the opinions of the creative mind that rome this forum