Tents/blinds

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Kolt1911, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    Hey guys. I guess this thread belongs here. I recently began the process of camouflaging one of my pup tents. While a major pain to set up and tear down, they are pretty utilitarian as being a big white piece of canvas. I was thinking of using them as a blind/hide for observation posts/sniper hides. Anyone ever done anything similar? Any tips on building a blind or camouflaging a tent

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Itsahak

Itsahak Active Member

Never thought of camo'ing mine. We use them as waystations/checkpoints/encampment props at our Ops.

3. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    Are you using this as something to shoot out of during games?

4. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    Knief, that's a possibility. Also for overnight games where we need to sleep during the game.

5. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    I guess if someone were inside one of these in game the rules would have the change, like if someone hits the tent more than X number of times your out or whatever. I know a lot of events have it to where if an object wouldn't be cover in the real world it's not considered cover in airsoft.

6. Knief

Knief Moderator Moderator

Ann Arbor
    If you're planning on using it that way, you really need to reconsider. For starters, it's incredibly unfair to opponents. You have a portable tank that they can't hit you in despite it being made from canvas. It's also nonsense from a realism perspective as nothing like this with armor capabilities really exists. But you're also setting yourself up for some pain when the only way to eliminate you is to a weapon inside the tent and shoot.

This is like a riot shield, but with even more game ruining aspects. If you want to conceal yourself, use a ghillie suit and cover available at the field.

7. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    Yeah, I was just thinking for camping use during the game.

8. Kolt1911

Kolt1911 New Member

Texarkana
    Oh yes. I'm guessing you haven't heard of MSW's 40 hour ops? Multiday games are becoming more and more common. At some point you have to sleep.

9. Magpulman

Magpulman Active Member

Stevenson
    So get a bivy sack. Problem solved.

10. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    Beat me to it. A bivy sack can be easily hidden in thick grass, in a shallow ravine or something of that sort IF you decide to camp on the playable field.
    The other thing (and this is the Eagle Scout in me talking), you can sit with your back against a tree and cover yourself with brush.

And yes, camping on the field, you'd still be required to keep your eye-pro on. Even if the field has green zone, unless it's far away from the actual playable field or protected in some manner, I'd still keep my eye pro on if not close by.

-mobile device-