Tents

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by jtizzle762, Jul 26, 2012.

1. jtizzle762

jtizzle762 New Member

Ok im hosting An airsoft war and its gonna be over night and im wondering will my airsoft gun punch through the tent faberic because my friends a bringing tents and i dont want to ruin them. I will have the most powerful gun it is a 400 fps glock c02

2. TYSONtheSNIPER

TYSONtheSNIPER New Member

Edmonton
    It could for sure. I would advise that you just don't shoot at the tents just to be safe.

3. Sparky_D

Sparky_D Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Pierce County
    Yes, it will.

Sleeping areas should be "No Shooting" or "Safety" zones (magazines out of guns, chambers cleared, guns on SAFE)

4. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    Why would you want to risk shooting someone who is sleeping with no eye protection? The whole idea is just a huge pile of stupid. Like Sparky said, all guns should be safe, no battery, no bbs, not even an empty mag in. Maybe even some barrel covers/plugs.

5. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    Very much agree with Sparky; better yet, set up the sleeping areas outide of game field boundaries and enforce a no shooting outside of field boundaries rule.

Are you planning to cease activities at night or will there be play even at night?

If there is night gaming, then i would suggest keeping the sleeping area outside of field boundaries.

@ Thatguy, maybe he was worried that the tents could get shot if they are playing at night and the tents are set up in the field, not necessarily that they would be shooting at people who were sleeping. Give him the benefit of the doubt, not everybody words their questions to include every detail, he may have just left a few out by mistake. ... and, no, I'm not jumping on you or anything, just making a point and trying not to think the worst of everybody. :D

I'd like to think that there is some intelligence left out there. ;)

Last edited: Jul 27, 2012
  6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    That would be some bad cover if it can get shot through lol. I didn't think of that, but still. The only time I would kill someone during the sleeping hours is if I snuck into the enemy camp and just knifed everyone.

Anyway, I played once in a field where we has some tarps hanging from two PVC pipes stuck in the ground once (ghetto cover) ad the bbs didn't penetrate. I used a JG M4 with 420FPS from like 10ft and it was fine. They were made from similar material as tents, or some tents I guess.

7. jtizzle762

jtizzle762 New Member

Yes there will be play at night me and my friend are actually going to be seperate from the rest of the team that night to get an early jump or get them if they try to come at us. Thanks for the answers.

8. BoogerMc

Akron
    Yes, but one also has to remember, a loose piece of cloth has give; whereas, most tents are stretched tight, so the cloth has little to no give. Therefore, it would be possible to penetrate the thin material of a tent. It is possible, but not necessarily likely. Still, I hae seen it happen on a personal note. That was $80 down the drain. :mad:

9. jtizzle762

jtizzle762 New Member

Yep i believe that i will put the tents out of the playing zone. Again thanks for all the answers guys.

10. xc0n

xc0n New Member

Yea I agree that they should be out of playing area, but they actually stop BB's. We took my rifle which shoots between 550-570 fps and point blanked the tent and it didn't penetrate. Maybe it was a good tent. And yes my rifle was chrono-ed at 571,568,573 for three shots and not used until we shot the tent.

11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    It also depends on the tent and its fabric.

12. BoogerMc

Akron
    A point blank shot does not always impart the same kinetic energy that one out of the barrel does. The projectile has not had enough distance to build up speed and energy. It sounds wierd, but it is true.