Texas Brigade

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by TheJacobite, Dec 10, 2012.

1. TheJacobite

TheJacobite New Member

San Antonio, Texas
    Is there anybody in Texas that wants to organize a command structure higher then a unit. I notice here in Texas we have TASO and North Texas Airsoft. These organizations seem to hate each other. I also see that mil sim stuff is very weak or even any kind of large California grade stuff is few an far between. So what do you think about trying to unite milsim players in a Texas brigade. Tell me y'all's thoughts.

2. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    RVG, CORE, Bad Company, Nighstalkers, PMC and Team Seraph are all in a TX Brigade (TX/LA BDE).

3. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

North Texas Airsoft and TASO have no problem with each other. Hell NTA uses TASO rules. There is also Geddons Games, which is doing more and more MILSIM events all over Texas, and Texas MILSIM Association who just had their latest MILSIM event, Operation Elf Gathering 2. American MILSIM is starting to bring more and more MILSIM in to Texas since Reindeer Game XI. There is also Fast Action Airsoft who has 3-4 major MILSIM operations per yeas (Operations Grozny, Helium Project, Texas Star) as well as weekend games ever Saturday with and average turnout of 100+ on any given weekend.

Might wanna do some more research before you start talking about that which you know nothing bud.

4. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    NTA and TASO do not hate each other, that assumption may have stemmed from the NTA's modification of TASO rules to purely fit insurance policy's. And to add on to what Shady said, there are plenty of op's. In the next few months the ones I know off the top of my head are Op Reforger (Temple, TX), Op Apocalypse Dawn (Rockwall, TX), Op Aftermath: 3 Wars a "fallout" based milsim event (Temple, TX), and many others. Milsim in texas is plenty alive and kicking.

5. TheJacobite

TheJacobite New Member

San Antonio, Texas
    I heard that from some guys I was working with in Austin that refused to go with what I was doing with TASO. They were NTA. Maybe I found some weird group that hates everybody. I guess the information is not as easy to find as it is in other places.

6. Lil_Shady

Define "they were NTA". NTA only has one or 2 members in the Austin area.

7. TheJacobite

TheJacobite New Member

San Antonio, Texas
    They would only go to NTA events. like up at Fast Action.

8. TheJacobite

TheJacobite New Member

San Antonio, Texas
    I would probably say the main reason why I thought what I thought, is because in San Antonio milsim stuff is kinda dead and everybody here is a kinda renegade and glorified backyard stuff.

9. Lil_Shady

That's because the MILSIM stuff in SA died when the TASO Director for that area was called on stolen valor. As far as attending NTA events, that doesn't make you of NTA and FAA is not an NTA field, it's just a business. North TExas Airsoft has been around for a long time, and so has TASO. Both are working very hard to bring more MILSIM into the region, along with the other organizers I mentioned. NTA has kind of died down with the loss of the main field last year, but has justreopened another field in the Denton area that promises to be a huge success.

10. Frostbite1

Frostbite1 New Member

Frisco
    I would say the NTA has more or less moved to the facebook page as far as important things. So the forums are pretty dead, but I wouldn't say that Denton was the only thing keeping the NTA alive, I would suggest saying that Forney is more of the NTA's main field, and Denton was just icing on the cake. But you are rights in some respects as for the NTA more or less being not terribly active lately.

11. Lil_Shady

True, I admin the Facebook page and it's more active than the forums. Forney is only the main field due to Hammys brief hiatus due to the kid and personal issues, but now that it's back it'll likely be more frequented than Forney by the NTA crowd, along with DFWAP now that Geddon is running things out there.

12. Nightcrawler504

Nightcrawler504 New Member

Yeah I'm out of Midland TX and the nearest actually field is 2 hours away