The Best AUG?

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Twokindsofawesome, Oct 18, 2012.

1. Twokindsofawesome

Twokindsofawesome New Member

Jupiter
    Alright, so Im really wanting to get into an AUG to use as a DMR as well as a base assault weapon, but I'm hung on which AUG to purchase. My price range, around $250 not including mags and other accessories, covers basically every AUG, save for a Tokyo Marui. From what Ive heard the Classic Army AUG A2 and the JG AUG A3 are both good choices, but i want to know what the best AUG is for my need. I'd basically be putting a scope on it and maybe a tight bore, but otherwise running it stock for awhile.

Just as some help to see what point of view I'm coming from, I've basically heard this:

The classic army is better built and I know classic army guns outperform most other stock guns, but I have no clue how hard it shoots or what the range and accuracy are like on it.

I've heard the JG AUG A3 is a good gun with a built in MOSFET and around 450 FPS or so, but again i am blind as to the range and accuracy of it. I'm kinda shaky about this gun simply for the fact of it being a JG, and they aren't the most amazing gun company.

Also as another point of reference,I'd either try to just run it with an 8.4 or do a 7.4 lipo. I don't know what other batteries would fit in the thing really.

Thanks in advance for the help and I look forward to soon having one good AUG in my hands.

2. The_US_Marksman

The_US_Marksman New Member

I own the JG Aug military version (built in scope) and I have to say it is a decent gun with decent range. Though it does have a long barrel (same length as an M16), the accuracy and range isnt as good as it should be. I am not saying it is horrible but it could be better, but I do not know if the JG Aug a3 would have these same results. If I was you I would shoot fot the CA AUG, it has a nice rof (900+), probably has better internals, and like you said better built. If I was you I would search youtube or on forums for reviews and such, but I hoped it helped!

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Your best bang for your buck are the JG AUG's. (specifically A3) Around 200$, which could leave room for a tightbore and or more mags.

4. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
  5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

6. ThompsonFTW

ThompsonFTW New Member

Dayton
    Seriously, its a great deal especially since you plan to do a dmr anyways.

7. Twokindsofawesome

Twokindsofawesome New Member

Jupiter
    Thats actually looking pretty good Thompson. I'll PM you on it.