• EDGI

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Stock Madbull

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So after enjoying my last build for a while, i have decided to ascend my brothers, to the lands of hpa. ripping everything out of my kwa sr-10(i moved the gearbox from the classic army to the kwa because i liked the externals more).
So the engine is a P* Jack, was original going to get a Reaper Electromechanical because it was going to be pure dmr setup. but i got a jack and fcu for 100$s from a friend so there it its XD. so i figured why not, i can run it as a rifle if i want to and have full if i need to( ill probably set it to around 15 or so.

Pairing that with a Tru-Hop bucking, my local field sells them. looks like an flat hop bucking and nub but the bucking has a patch to completely fill the window like an r-hop.

as for barrel i dont know if i want to go with a Prometheus or an Edgi.
my current one is a madbull 6.03 @407 so of anyone has a good barrel length and bore for a p* jack shooting 380 fps with .28s (although i would be running .36s most of the time.)

i also have a spare upper an hop from a kwa CQR so im thinking it would be pretty cool to have a short barrel set-up from when i run it as a file and the sr-10 upper when i want to run it as a dmr(i know its not actually a dmr, but i wanted to stick to m4 platform because im not paying for an sr-25 body and mags lol)

less a pls help post and more of a post for one, if anyone has any cool ideas or tips and two, if anyone wants to build something similar down the line ill end up posting how accurate it turns out.

Fps will be 380 with .28s (how my field chronos gas guns)
Ill be shooting .36 for all accuracy tests as that it the highest field allows for anything but snipers(do to an incident were a guy lit up someone at 20 feet with .40s on full, (dont be that guy).

Plan is an effective range of 250 feet were i can hit a man sized target. although i can work some magic for 275 that would be pretty rad.

· Registered
1,028 Posts
I'd recommend a PDI inner barrel personally, I have one in my SAI GRY with a prowin hop up, prommy purple bucking that's been flat hopped, and an orga flat hop nub. With that set up at about 60 PSI I'm getting 350 fps with a .2 gram bb (for chrono purposes) and I use .32 gram that reach out to 60 yards nearly dead straight.

The thing with HPA is your alignment of the engine to the hop and barrel set up. If that's off at all it does affect performance of the engine.

What size tank do you plan to run? I'd recommend a duel tank set up with 2 smaller tanks, I have a 90 CI 4500psi tank and I really don't like it, it's quite bulky and really heavy even though it's a carbon fiber tank. If you have any other questions please ask, I'll be happy to help and I'm sure others here would be as well.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I'd recommend a PDI inner barrel personally, I have one in my SAI GRY with a prowin hop up, prommy purple bucking that's been flat hopped, and an orga flat hop nub. With that set up at about 60 PSI I'm getting 350 fps with a .2 gram bb (for chrono purposes) and I use .32 gram that reach out to 60 yards nearly dead straight.

The thing with HPA is your alignment of the engine to the hop and barrel set up. If that's off at all it does affect performance of the engine.

What size tank do you plan to run? I'd recommend a duel tank set up with 2 smaller tanks, I have a 90 CI 4500psi tank and I really don't like it, it's quite bulky and really heavy even though it's a carbon fiber tank. If you have any other questions please ask, I'll be happy to help and I'm sure others here would be as well.
I got everything in today, and good adivce on the alalignment, kwa has the two peice hop and the bottom part has a ramp so I lined it up with that pretty well. Ended up using my gng green bucking(flat) as the tru-hop one over hopped .30s with no hop on so I'll have to figure out how to make it work. Running around 80psi for 330 with .28s tank is a metal one from amped so I'll take a look at the size when I get back home. But for now I can reach out at about 200ft running it as a rifle with .30s

Edit: tank is 3000/48

· Registered
1,349 Posts
Damn, that's the longest suppressor I've ever seen.

If your TruHop is overhopping even with the hop all the way off, then just sanding the nub a bit shorter should make it work fine.

· Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think its just the angle, its just a sr-25 suppressor, main reason im using that one is i have a spring and paper towel setup inside and its stupid quiet. i dont think people even hear it 30-50 feet out.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.