The G&P AK47

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Endrikat7, Nov 12, 2012.

1. Endrikat7

Endrikat7 New Member

My friend was looking for an AK for Christmas. And, with real sword, VFC, and the higher brands all sold out of AK's I suggested maybe looking into the new G&P or magpul ones. Now he is really interested in the g&p. Has anyone here heard any good or bad about these guns that they would like to share with me? Or do you think that a CYMA would just be smarter?

2. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

G&P is a really solid brand in general, i have only heard a couple bad things about G&P's guns throughout my lifetime. My team member actually has a G&P AK47. Not sure what model though, but i know it is sick as hell thats for sure. Magpul is also super good but most of their guns are out of my price range :(

3. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    G&P AK's are alright. Nothing too special besides the externals are G&P Quality. Hop up is ok. Internals are a 8/10. There's nothing really bad about them, just don't use a 11.1v LiPo stock form. I've had a couple of the motors burn out after a couple thousand rounds. And pistons stripping in an instant. But the pistons go for about any gun in general lol.

Magpul Beta AK Limited Ed. is a CYMA internally. So it's good and solid lol.

VFC is a good AK brand as well. Hop up isn't that great though. Internals are a 8/10 as well.

TM is good as well if you're not looking for fps and high rate of fire out of the box. Great shooters in stock form. Standard AK's are plastic body's. And the recoil engines are metal bodies. Internals are good for using them properly in stock form.

Another option is G&G AK's. metal body ones are good in my opinion. Good hop ups. Piston is a little weak but nothing major. Internals are a 7.5/10

Real Sword's are nice externally. Internally they're ok. Nothing special. Stick with the 8.4v battery or 7.4v LiPo stock. Some real swords are scratched up on the inside of the receivers weirdly. Idk why.

I'd think a CYMA would be smarter. Cheaper. And they make some of the better AK's on the market. Wide variety. And internals are actually good 9/10. Have many running 11.1v lipo's stock form for over a year as lenders. Upgradability is high like the higher end TM style guns.

JG is alright. Internals are like 6.5/10. Upgradability is high though. Gearbox shell is a weak pot metal cast though. Radius is a must. Selector metal nub is proprietary 1.25mm smaller then TM and shaped differently. But gearbox is of spec of TM.

I'd stay away from LCT stuff. Some were just put together horribly. Parts weren't even fitting. Waste of time.

Inokatsu is the high high end choice lol ;) but only for the external quality.

Javelin and blah blah blah. Blowback whatever is all APS. They're ok. Internally rubbish. Trigger contacts is rubbish. looks like NERF plastic internals. Just grab a CYMA if you're going to go with a Chinese brand choice.

Sorry if I'm missing anything. But my 2 cents off the top of my head. Lol :)

4. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    Realsword is extremely durable. I remember I came across a youtube video where this woman pushed it through harsh durability test and it was able to withstand a truck/jeep running over it, a small dynamite explosive being planted by its side, and so forth and it was still functioning.

Realsword, VFC, GHK, LCT, Dboy, and CYMA, respectively, are good. Parts are interchangeable (most parts anyways), and you can install realsteel parts with little to some modifications.

5. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    Well it's supposed to be a converted real steel receiver right? Lol x)

That stuff sounds minor lol.

The internals will go way before the externals even start to break/chip or anything. Unless you just scratch it all up on purpose lol ;D haha

6. Bergie

Bergie New Member

I recently bought a CYMA AK-104. It has served me very very well. I would recommend CYMA for their AK models but not for their other models. Also. If mags are hard to come across. I suggest buying Real Sword AK mags and shaving them down to fit. The 104 is an awesome gun, and looks great with a silencer and a red dot. My opinion. The only downfall, is that you may need to replace a rubber o ring on the hop up, it's very loose and can be moved by the slide.

7. MercyZ

MercyZ New Member

Hey guys, check out my thread please! I need some help with some guns..

8. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    G&P have iffy gears that I would change straight away. Especially with their bevel gear only having 2 points at which the ARL engages....yeah that's not good.

Can never go wrong with a CYMA AK. Bit of tuning and you got a true workhorse.

9. Endrikat7

Endrikat7 New Member

I've been playing airsoft for years now as well as on this forum, i just haven't been on here in a while, just so you guys know. So I know the basics about the brands I just haven't heard very much about the new g&p AK47 or magpul beta project AK. But thank you for all your suggestions!

10. Ehudakineyah

Ehudakineyah New Member

Mililani
    The "Magpul beta project AK" is a CYMA Ak. So it's a good AK lol ;)

The G&P is alright. Nothing crazy special besides the external finish. At that price, I'd rather get something else. Have some mag fitting problems.

11. Endrikat7

Endrikat7 New Member

Alright so my friend ended up getting the g&p tactical AK from evike. The box was a little damaged but nothing major happened to the externals of the gun just a damaged flash hider. Then, when we plugged in the g&p 7.4v lipo into the gun it would not shoot. I never owned an ak so I'm not sure how it should feel but there was barely any resistance on the trigger pull and nothing happened at all when pulled. I don't know if it was the gearbox, the wiring, or even the battery. Both the gun and battery are g&p deans. Has anyone heard of this problem with the g&p ak?

12. Col1500

Col1500 New Member

Kent
    If it's brand new, you should return it and get another one. No sense in trying to fix a lemon when you can just get a new one.

13. bal1

bal1 New Member

ICS aks are very nice.