The Jailbreaking/Rooting Thread

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by VTMZ, Sep 24, 2012.

1. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
    This thread is to talk about jailbreaking or rooting your phone. Discuss and what not.

My favorite combination of tweaks is Siri9000 which makes Siri look like HAL from the Space Odyssey saga. Next is Assistant love. It gives Siri more commands. Launch apps, play any song through Spotify, etc.. AND, you can change her accent. Changing it to a British accent makes her into a British male. The perfect way to make it like HAL. Oh and have him call you Dave.

2. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I just rooted my lg lucid and have no idea what i can do with it. Any recommendations?

3. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
    I have no clue about anything about rooting Android phones. Maybe someone else could help you.

4. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    If all else fails, ice cream sandwich(ICS- Android 4.0.0 os) I hear is the bomb since it came out, you could put on that if it didn't have it before.

5. schlabie

schlabie New Member

What exactly is that¿

6. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Android 4.0.0 operating system. Android names their os' after deserts (hence gingerbread, eclair, and the newest patch ice cream sandwich) such as apple names theirs after animals. I'm pretty sure you can boot it to it if you can find an image of it.

7. schlabie

schlabie New Member

I meant what does it do? I used super one click to root my phone but all this stuff is new.

8. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    Well I don't know, my phone was supposed to receive the update, but it ended up causing problems in the beta so I don't know. Research the patch.

9. VTMZ

VTMZ New Member

Paducah
  10. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    anybody know if you can root a tablet? a kindle fire hd, to be specific?

11. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    Last time I checked, typing "google" into google can break the internet, but if you try to type "how to root a kindle fire" into google, you will get actual advice!

12. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    I guess I should be more specific and succinct when im asking questions. Has anyone had experience SAFELY rooting one? And does anyone know of a way it can be done without the use of a computer? (I have an iTouch and a Tablet, why the hell would I have a computer?!?)

I have the hd version, which just came out. It doesnt have adobe flash like the previous kindles, which could be a problem. Google searches haven't turned many results. I've found plenty of ways to root it using ice cream sandwich but they all require a laptop/desktop.

13. Retrospection

Retrospection New Member

Kimballton
    If you have play store adobe flash is an app if that's the only thing you need...

14. richman992

richman992 New Member

Rochester
    No, but it's one of my concerns. I can't find adobe flash as an app either. This kindle isnt affiliated with Adobe for some reason, and doesn't have Flash like the previous ones. Do you mean Google Play? I'm just on the regular app store. I will check Google.

15. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Hey, just recently my iPod moved the little circle loading thing from where it normally is (next to the wifi bars) to next to the battery bar. I am wondering what caused this and if I can undo it.

Attached Files:

16. slipknot2302

slipknot2302 New Member

I need help with my android phone. I downloaded some ROMS for the emulator, but when I try to play them, it says "loading BIOS failed. Must be valid bios configured in settings" or something similar. Please help! I want to play some pokemon on my phone.

17. mikenike

mikenike New Member

^This

In all reality, if it's running any Android OS obviously you can Root it.

18. llbb010

llbb010 New Member

Currently I am running:
    Activator
    BatteryCenter for Notifications
    BiteSMS
    BlurriedNCBackground
    Bolt
    BrowserChooser
    BytaFont
    Dashboard X
    f.lux
    Infinidock
    Memory Booster
    NCSettings
    Springtomize2
    Suave HD
    WeeKillBackground Pro
    WinterBoard
    %hook's law
    36 Days Ago Font

19. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Well, I got JellyLock today. I loved it during my brief experience until it crashed springboard and preventing me from restarting it until I uninstalled JellyLock. I then tried to re-install JellyLock but upon restarting springboard it would go back into the crash cycle.

I am disappointed that I can't use JellyLock since I liked it do damn much.