The next step....

Discussion in 'Beginners Forum' started by Valkyrie, Oct 7, 2012.

1. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

So, I have 250$ from selling some items from home, and decided I need more upgrades on my Echo 1 ST6 DEVGRU. I already have a Magpul AFG,MBUS sights and a PTW clone crane stock. I am thinking internal and extrenal upgrades, but for external, the most I'm thinking about is an ACOG 1x32 or MGO and a PEQ. For internals....I have no idea. I have experience playing, but internally, I've been running stock.(laugh at my noobliness) I'm worried that with internals, I'll end up breaking my hop-up or frying my gearbox. So, please help me out here. What parts should I get for my gun, and should I attempt to put them in myself, or find someone who can do it for me(If you know anyone...please state them.) Have a good day!

2. Arekkusu723

Arekkusu723 Active Member

Statesville

3. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

That sounds good, but I have no idea about the quality of the BB's I use( I use Airsoft Elite .25s and Airsplat .25 Bio's)(I hate them, but my friend gave me them for free, so who cares) and if the BB's will cause frequent jams or not.

4. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

El bumpo............................................................................

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Bumpilicious definicious.

6. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    The bbs you are using should not cause jamming (at least the airsoft elites) in that barrel maybe in a 6.01mm barrel but not a 6.03mm. I am not sure about Airsplats BBs since I have never used them but they need to be really horrible to cause any problems.

External wise its really up to you. Some to of optic, forgrip, maybe a QD mock silencer, PEQ, light, etc.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  7. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

I'm just so conflicted. I'm thinking about upgrading a lot internally. Are there certain brands of internals that are the best? Or should I just buy a G&P gearbox and install it......

8. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    SHS for pistons, Lonex for motors, XYT for gears. That is generic for the community for the most point.

9. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

So....since my M4 uses a ver2 gearbox is there a certain series of each I need to buy?(BTW, I heard that the XYTs are durable as crap and cheap, but that Prometheus was better) Plus, my wanted outcome is a CQB gun with 300-350 FPS, great range(remember I have a CQBR...) and good ROF.

10. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Also if possible, I have a 250$ budget, and I would like some extra room for external accessories.

11. Thestig

Ahhh... Trolls. Wonderful. Don't feed them.

Well, if your budget is $250, there is a lot to do. How good are you inside of gearboxes?

12. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

On my A&K M16A3 I struggled just to install a spring. I'm terrible. I don't have a tech in my area either.

13. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

If you want extra money for external upgrades just get the XYT gears, they will serve you well.

14. Thestig

If you don't want to tech, find a tech on here, they will custom tailor a gun to you.

15. Valkyrie

Valkyrie New Member

Third bumparoo.(20 characters)