The PokemonGO thread

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Strikethemdown, Jul 10, 2016.

1. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    Hey brochachos! I just figured this game is super popular, so a bunch of you nerds are probably playing it, and over playing it. Such as myself.

I just wanted to make this thread so you guys can post your rare or high level pokemon, share any interesting stories, or post some dank pokego memes.

I'll start by saying that today was the day I really started playing for real and I went from level 2 to level 10 and from only having about 12 pokemon caught to 49 individual ones (not counting duplicates), and I walked/longboarded over 12 miles in 2 national parks and our local beaches. I counted at least 30 other people playing, they were all pretty nice. My highest pokemon right now is my 300CP Charmeleon which I found today. Hopefully more goodies tomorrow. Anyways, cheers.

2. ma_airsoft

ma_airsoft Well-Known Member Supporting Member

South east
    Lel bad day to be out of data. (I'm assuming you need an Internet connection?)

3. Patriot76

Patriot76 Member

I was playing this at gamepod today with Raven :)

I've heard some interesting stories about people finding dead bodies and causing 12 car pile ups while playing...

Also this: ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1468209775.108394.jpg

4. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    Yeah this game is causing so much distraction to people while they drive. Some people have apparently also wandered into bad neighborhoods and gotten robbed and stuff. The pokemaster life isn't for everyone.

Also the game uses less data than I would have thought. Pretty much had it on all day and my data usage didnt go up at all. only used like 50MB which out of a 2GB limit is nothing.

5. Patriot76

Patriot76 Member

Yeah that's what I've been hearing. I guess people wait until individuals are home alone and then rob them once they leave in pursuit of Pokemon.

6. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    I read that a group in Massachusetts is setting up lures to get people to come to pokestops and if it's a lone guy or an easy target they'd go ahead and rob them. But i think they were caught. Nothing to stop someone else from doing it. Guess it's time to get my concealed carry license.

7. ma_airsoft

South east
    I kinda hate Massachusetts. We have insanely strict gun policies. We have bad drivers, and stupid people as well as Very few airsoft places.

8. Patriot76

Patriot76 Member

ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1468212612.471865.jpg

My local PD just posted about it...

9. nast

nast Member

ROSEMEAD
    Didn't Massachusetts completely destroyed airsoft?(sorry if I'm wrong) I can't believe there's actually still airsoft place around.

10. flamelauncher14

flamelauncher14 Member

Perks of unlimited data! There aren't too many Pokémon out here in Iraq, but I did manage to find a few walking to and from our dining facility yesterday. Imma stop by our gym tonight and see if there's anything there.

11. ma_airsoft

South east

Ah they tried, h3476 tried to ban air guns, paintball, and airsoft but luckily it didn't pass.

12. Munishin

Munishin Well-Known Member

Goodyear
    Went out for the first real time since the app launched. Caught 15+ pokemon. All in between measly store trips. I didn't specifically go out hunting for them. Also finally leveled up to 5. Opted for joining Team Instinct. On another cool note someone made a map detailing the major parts of AZ and specific pokemon that have been found in various locations.

13. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    I wish someone would do that here haha, im stuck just asking people on facebook. The lake in my little community place has a bunch of dratini, which i guess is rare?

14. Airsoft444

Airsoft444 Mad Scientist Supporting Member

Milwaukee
    I have a pokestop in my yard, aside from that all I can find is weedles.

15. Lil_Shady

Lil_Shady Administrator Staff Member Lifetime Supporter

So far pokemon go has been full of Irony for me. The local walmart is a hotspot for Rattata, and Weedles are always popping up by the drug corners.

Caught a wild victreebell and pinsir saturday on the way to the gun show, got an Evee yesterday at the mall. Got a venonat and Exeggcute in the Burger King drive thru friday. So far just trying to get enough weedle to get my kakuna up to a Beedrill.

16. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    The only thing going for me is that My town is kind of small so in about 10 minutes i can be in 2 national parks which have some good pokemon like Cubone and all 3 starters+some of their evolutions, and then I have the island (our beach island thing) about 20 minutes away which also has some pretty nice pokemon. I have yet to see a pikachu

17. Airsoft444

Airsoft444 Mad Scientist Supporting Member

Milwaukee

What going for me is I live in a tourist town, so basically everything is a landmark or gym. And we have a bunch of small lakes.

18. Strikethemdown

Strikethemdown Member

Sarasota, Fl
    Goin out rare hunting tonight. I'll report back if i find anything good

19. Kopis

Kopis New Member

Hatching eggs is the worst. It hardly registers any of my steps.

20. Bio1_Hydra

Bio1_Hydra Member

Williamsport
    I can't even play the game. My house has nothing around it.