The Third (Supper Trendy) NSW Impression Thread

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by iTunesTomato, Nov 6, 2012.

1. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I'm sure you've all seen Archer and Grin's NSW impression threads, and I happen to be making an NSW impression of my own. A slightly lower budget one.
    I'm mainly making this thread to ask a few questions
    Right now funds for me are low and so I think I'm going to have to get a TMC 6094. Now they offer it in khaki and coyote Brown
    The khaki one is more common, however I wanted the coyote one
    http://www.ebairsoft.com/6094-style-plate-carrier-pouches-p-6316.html
    It seems, though, that the coyote color is sort of light and silky/shiny. I was wondering if anyone knew how the actual colors are and if the coyote is better looking in person. Also if the khaki is more like Pantac's khaki and could be matched well with real steel (Mainly TT and ATS) pouches

2. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    For a current NSW kit, get it in AOR1 or MC. Khaki was used shortly after AOR1 was released due to the fact AOR1 plate carriers weren't very abundant at that point.

3. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. It's spelled "Super" :p. Also, mind putting up a list of everything you are getting in a list so we can approve of it? What era are you planning on replicating? Do you have any pictures of specific operators you'd like to replicate? What is your budget? By the way, this would be the fifth or sixth one I believe (Grin's, Mine, Devgru's, Shadow_Nugs, and I'm missing one or two more people).

For a modern era, AOR1/2 or MC is required as a rig color. Khaki was phased out quite a while ago. If you do a older impression, you don't want Coyote, by the way. NSW uses Khaki :).

4. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Well this is really a high speed loadout that I'm calling an NSW kit because.. you know, its trendy :rolleyes:
    but I chose cb/khaki to work with both AOR1 and Multicam, to fit the situation. I would grab the khaki 6094 in the blink of an eye if most companies made their pouches in MJK/Khaki, however CB is much more common so, for practicalities sake.. I decided to go with coyote

I just saw Archers post, I cant believe I spelled super wrong :eek:
    But like I said, quite loosely based on an NSW kit

Last edited: Nov 6, 2012
  5. Devgru98

Devgru98 New Member Supporting Member

Polo
    Have you done any research? Seal operators wear a MC PC over AOR1 cammies all the time, it's not uncommon... Get your rig in either AOR1 or MC for a NSW kit so it's kosher. Lol
    Edit: also.. They never used CB, that's a definate no, considering it was never used by NSW operators.

6. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Y'all are definitely on top of this, but I'll just add to this list.

Grin, Archer, Devgru, Shadow, 1911, Kommando, Tomato, & Glen.

7. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    I have seen that...
    I think I'm in over my head with this one :eek: especially here

8. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Lol. So is this a no go or what?

9. Grin

Irvine
    We're kinda like life guards, Tomato. We'll help keep you swimming, but you still need to want to live!

10. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    At the moment I'm not sure..
    While I want an Impression kit I also want to just build a loadout that works best for me, without any protocol
    If I do ditch the idea I'll probably, in about a year afterwards, build a marsoc loadout (Tactical fanny pack ftw :p)

Ahaha that was great
    I'm just getting cabin fever, I think. I broke my ankle so I cant get out to the field. I probably would have stayed away from the impression side of gear if I could just friggen play. But armed with a keyboard I just dived in head first

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  11. Archer627

Archer627 New Member

Figgington
    Well, this thread got nowhere fast. Or maybe it went everywhere? I'm not even sure.

12. Grin

Irvine
    As I said, we're more than willing to help you out. Hell, you'll probably even be able to still suit it to your personal wants and needs. I know that mine certainly is.

Everywhere AND nowhere. Mind = blown.

13. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Well I have some questions before I make a decision
    first of all, are EI flashbang pouches Kosher? (Er well for older kits, where khaki was still used, considering EI doesn't make AOR1 pouches)

14. Grin

Irvine
    Who ever said that EI doesn't make AOR1?

[​IMG]

15. iTunesTomato

iTunesTomato New Member

Oakland
    Ooooooh, pretty
    However I did say pouches, and if they do make pouches in AOR1 I certainly haven't seen any for sale
    So I'll change the question, are EI flashbang pouches kosher?

16. Grin

Irvine
    I just found the EI AOR1 that came to mind :p.

Why, yes they are! Just try to get MLCS ones.

17. Shadow_Nugz

Shadow_Nugz New Member

Sioux City
    I got included?!? :D

Anyway. As these guys have been saying; MC, AOR1 and AOR2.

However, if you really really really really wanted to use khaki, you could do an older kit with M81 woodland cammies and khaki 6094.

I don't have pictures to hand since I am on my phone but I will dig them up.

18. Kommando

Kommando New Member

Oklahoma City
    Just wanted to get subscribed to this. Looks like you guys are handling it. Ill come to the rescue when you guys need it. :p

19. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Pretty much this. Gotta have my hands in these threads.

20. Grin

Irvine
    Knief, even I'M becoming the old model xD!