The Wimps of Airsoft

Discussion in 'Staging Area' started by Fritz, Dec 16, 2012.

1. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    We all know those players who try their best to avoid any kind of pain or attempt any sort of effort to win the game....

Anytime I point my rifle at My younger brother during a game, he puts down his gun and wimpers...

Who do you know?

2. Maxuhmize

Maxuhmize New Member

OKC
    The kids with rentals and hoodies. Cannot stand them.

3. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

Kids that show up to a MilSim game with Crosman's and hoodies. No joke.

4. naamtune

naamtune New Member

Redlands
    People on the team that doesn't move up but instead camp in the back near the spawn area.

5. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    A few years ago, two brothers joined our little group, we eventually nicknamed them Skids and Mudflap from the Transformers movie. Boy did they live up to those names. The younger brother whooped the older brother in every way.

Their first day of gaming, the older brother shows up wearing three or four layers of clothing, especially pants, but no belt at all. He even had a wad of socks in his groin to protect his junk. None of it helped.

For example, the night before our games, we often have a bonfire/get together for any players who wishes to join. The brother came with two of their uncles (both long time players). When our resident "crazy guy" found out about the kid's sock wad, he decided to prove to him it was a worthless effort. After taking several shots from one of our more pwerful spring shotguns, the kid broke down in tears. But that aint the worst of it.

The next day during gaming, this kid ran from everything, and to make it worse, he was constantly trying to keep his pants up while doing it. The whole day was a blast simply from watching this kid play. He earned his first nickname that day, Mama's Boy.

As these two brothers continued playing, they earned their other nicknames, but at the start, it was and probably always will be Moma's Boy.

http://www.airsoftsociety.com/video/b-b-wars-blooper-reel-4-59.html

Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  6. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    Yeah, little five year old guy over up in Michigan. Brought his handy dandy clear crosman r72 and a pink sweatshirt.

7. BoogerMc

BoogerMc Airsoft Jedi Master Supporting Member

Akron
    That's funny because we've threatened to send guys into the woods in pink or bright yellow as a form of punishment for doing stupid stuff during games. Yes, we can be cruel at times, but we belive embarrassment has a stronger effect than other, more physical punishments. We're funny that way.

8. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    We had an 16 year ohld wear a huddie because he was scared of hits (middle of summer mid to high nintey's with high humidity). Then he screwed up and admited to making it to where he cant feel body shots. So our only chois was to aim high. lol

9. Thestig

Thestig Some say... Supporting Member

Colorado Springs and Southern California
    I had a kid show up once in 2 pairs of jeans. 2. We purposely left him to last, and then converged on all sides of him. I held fire, but others didn't. He got plastic from all angles...

10. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I remember playing at a neighbors house. It was 100 degrees that day and one kid put on long johns, jeans, t shirt, and mossy oak hoodie. But he flinches when shot with a springer.....

Last edited: Dec 18, 2012
  11. cdi

cdi Member

The other day one of my teams members got a 96 hour pass from the USMC. With no serious Milsim events we went to a trigger time. Basically it was brutal **** 6-8 vs 25+ at times. It got to the point where we would walk in their general direction and some players raised their arms and went back to spawn.

Best thing was all the players we were up against had just paid money on a training. Lol a good time.

12. BanzaiBau5

BanzaiBau5 New Member

I think my brother still is wimp! Even with a 250 FPS Springer he's scared!

13. hasmeen

hasmeen New Member

Bakersfield
    This was me at first I dint want to get shot so I stood back alot now I don't care so much (unless I'm a zombie and can't take cover and I've got 10 people shorting at me full auto) I will rush people now. But like I said if I'm a zombie in out of here.

14. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    Every one goes through the "wimp" stage. I camped when I first started.

15. TacticalChef

TacticalChef New Member

San Francisco
    i agree with the last post. most of the team i play with has been playing at least 4 years, but now my friends cousins are starting to come of age, and that's the main thing we've noticed. they group up too close and as soon as the bb's fly they duck and cover like it's a nuclear drill.

16. Fritz

Fritz New Member

Camp Shelby
    Armed only with a 250 FPS springer?....Anyone would be scared.

17. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Not quite in the same context as the thread, but I once played with a 6 or 7 year old who played barefoot. Yes. Barefoot. No shoes, no socks. In the woods. We tried to get him to wear shoes, but eventually just gave up on it. Never a complaint. At a later game, during a freak accident, the kid had a shot land right under his eye, on the soft part under the eye lid. We were all freaking out that his eye had gotten shot out. He was fine, didn't cry, got back up. Eye was swollen, but it didn't slow him down a bit. Never seen someone with such high pain tolerance.

18. MamothBear

MamothBear New Member

Vicksburg
    The wimps generaly get used to it. Its an introduction thing just like camping. But here is another story. We had a guy that liked to hide and not call hits. He jumped out of a bush and got lit up by another player. He ran to his car and left. He is fine now. He just had a bad day I guess. But This is why you have feeder groups lets the wimps play while you get to still hae a team.

@ Star_folder: We had a cost guard guy got shot like that he started to cuss (Only time he has ever cussed around me) and curled up in a ball....

19. soviet

soviet New Member

My DMR is 250 FPS. With .30 gram. It hurts...

20. Polanski27

Polanski27 New Member

Kitchener
    when you add heavier weighted bb's to the equation it doesnt really matter on fps (within reason) my kjw shoots 380fps with .30 gram bbs. and about 460ish with .2's now with .4gram bbs it would by rights shoot around 230fps.