Thinking about buying a new aeg

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by Joshpeck, Oct 28, 2012.

1. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Hey guys I am thinking about buying a new aeg this up coming January. I will make a list of things I want.

Budget: 320
    Full metal
    Wired to the stock
    FPS: 370-420
    ROF: fast on a 9.6
    I want a gun with really good range
    good accuracy
    Model: preferably an m4, but I am open to stuff
    I would like a ris but it needs to be a 12'' free float ( like a Daniel defense).

If you have a good idea for a gun. In general I would like to see that too!

2. rich635

rich635 New Member

Los Angeles
    Socom Gear M4s. Check out all of them except the PWS series, those are CMs, the Noveske/DD ones are VFC.

3. Leonidas

Leonidas New Member

Des Moines
    The CM ones aren't that bad. I got mine for $40 :D

4. LT1

LT1 New Member

I have this same gun just black. It's on Airsplat. It's very accurate. It says 380 but it's really around 400. The only problem I've had with it is the orange tip. It comes with an extension barrel, and first u have to get the tip off to put it on. If u turn it over there is a little screw u take out. But the thing is there is a little bit of glue near the bottom. U have to play around with I'd to get it off but eventually it will. But that's the only problem, and it's optional. U don't have to take it off, the only reason I did was to add a silencer.
    Great gun though!

Attached Files:

5. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    From what I hear Dboys internals are hit and miss (just hear say).

6. S1kkguy

S1kkguy New Member

London
    Got a couple months to go ain't ya? o_0

Well in terms of M4s, I'd probs be looking at G&Ps or KWAs. G&P probably would have more compatibility for after market parts although the KWA aint exactly impossible to work with if your handy with tools.

I know DBOYS build great AKs, haven't really heard enough positives about their ARs. I know their SCAR isn't exactly the best on the market...then again hey it's a clone brand can't expect it to stand up to a VFC and shizz.

7. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
  8. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    I have actually been looking Ito that same exact gun right there, that's why I mentioned daniel defense. But I can't really find many good reviews about G&P m4's. Approximately how far does that gun shoot in general? And for anyone who has a G&P m4 can you give me a review on it? I need a gun that shoots REALY far... I play at a extremely long range field and I need an advantage.

Also guys feel free to have a say in this for a gun off topic, I REALY want to explore the spectrum here.

9. ShooterMcgavin

ShooterMcgavin New Member

New Port News
    Well no stock gun is going to shoot really really far (200ft+) other than a stock TM. With my G&P M4 I get enough range after the bucking broke in to be very competitive. If you want a gun to get really nice range and accuracy your going to need to get good compression (my G&P had very good compression stock), Rhop or hopup upgrades (preferably rhop), and TBB 6.03mm Prometheus if you have the money and Madbull if you don't.
    I love my G&P M4, it has good ROF, has good range stock at the moment (Rhop eventually when I feel like it). I love the externals on it and it has not quite on me (except for a weird trigger contact problem). It has lasted at least 50k+ on stock parts only with reshim and regrease. People do say they have piston, motor, piston head, and gear problems but I have not seen them yet. Maybe when I hit 150k+ rounds they will show up but until then I will continue to love my G&P

10. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    What is a r-hop exactly? I now its a hop up nub or something. I had a polar star concaved spacer. What's the difference between mad bull and prometheus barrels? also someone told me a tight bore dosent increase range as apposed to a 6.08, is that true? And I think the people that talk about getting there pistons striped on a G&P typical use lipos.

11. EDI1st

EDI1st New Member

Fountain Valley
    R-hop, it's a patch that goes into the barrel window.
    It functions similar like the SCS but it covers the full length of the window.

Madbull and Prommy barrel?
    Prommy is a lot better.

Barrel increases accuracy and consistency.
    Range is improved by the hop-up.

Pistons strips in every gun with lipos, unless you correct the AoE.

If you want an M4, ONLY consider rifles from the following companies:
    CA
    G&P
    JG
    KA
    Socom Gear
    VFC

Although if you want to shoot really far.....a DMR is much better...
    But it ain't cheap to build one...

12. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    Can I buy a r-hop offline or is it a mod? I suppose it would be better than a scs because it has more contact with the bb. Also in your opinion should I get a mock silencer and run a longer tbb through? I was thinking about that. And what is your reasoning for the following company's you listed? Also if I hypothetically wanted to build a Dmr, what would it take? I have a POS AGM m4 laying around.

13. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yes you can buy an r-hop. Look at clandestine airsoft or hunter seeker armory. Just be ready to make your r-hop fit your barrel hop up window.

14. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    What do you mean "Just be ready to make your r-hop fit your barrel hop up window". Do I have to cut it out or something?

15. Ze_Glocksman

Ze_Glocksman New Member

Kerrville
    Yea when you get the r-hop, it's big so then you have to cut it down to size for the length of your hop up window, and then you have to cut it to where it is flush with the outside of the barrel and then you have to cut it to where it is flush with the inside of your barrel. Check out Robin Hood's r-hop guide.

16. Joshpeck

Joshpeck New Member

Eau Claire
    How worth it do you think a r hop is in your opinion?

17. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    Do it right and you're guaranteed an extra 50 feet of range minimum. Its worth it.

18. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    That, plus as long as you don't switch BB weights you will mostly not have to adjust your hop-up after the first time.