Thinking on a new toy

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by Greekmachine, Aug 13, 2017.

1. Greekmachine

Greekmachine New Member

Church Hill
    Hey m8s! First post/thread and all that, so let's hope this goes smoothly.

First, let me give you a little background.
    I've been playing airsoft for a few years. Iv'e had my share of budget guns crappy and crappier guns. I'm really a niche gun kind of guy; I like specialized weapons. I play aggressively, with a mind on defensive positioning. Right now I'm running an Echo1/S&T VSS Vintorez with a systema bucking. I love the Vintorez, no matter how 'meh' Echo1 is. The Vintorez really shines in a 150-176' range. Semi-auto tack driver. The only thing that I dislike about the Vintorez is the stock. If you don't already know, the Vintorez has a fixed skeleton stock (what's google for anyways?) But it is plastic. It gives me an ill favored look when I'm sprinting in the field or leaping across a particularly malicious looking stream in the woods. On top of all this, the part where it hinges onto the rest of it is cracked (if you have this problem, I suggest a doctor or a mortuary.) It is only a matter of time, my friends, before the stock gives up the ghost.

I fully intend on running my Vintorez into the dirt, but in the meantime, where should I look to next? I have around a $250 range. I'm torn between going mainstream $250 M4 or getting an S&T/EF/Umarex Tar-21 and upgrading the sprangs and stuff until it'll poke yer eyes out if you drop it.

I've been doing a little too much research on the S&T/EF/Umarex Tar, and I think it will just be a fun sturdy addition to the gun harem. Can't really figure out who the heck puts it out though. I've found the $299 and the $180. They seem the same, but with some more length and weight to the more, ahem, wallet-slaying one.

What say you?