This plate carrier good for its price?

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by ReaperTwoSix, Aug 6, 2012.

1. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
  2. Shiftyshooter

Shiftyshooter Learn from your mistakes. Lifetime Supporter

Prague
    The difference between the 600 D and 1000 Cordura is mainly in the quality of the material. 1000 D is pretty much the best you can get. It is almost entirely water-repellent, it resists very well to cuts, temperature changes and is still lightweight.

3. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey
    That vest is good for playing occasionally, maybe once or twice a month, especially if it isn't a super intense game. If you wanted something good, to last much longer, get a Pantac or Flyye, or if you want something that will pretty much last you forever, get a real steel brand, like Eagle Industries.

4. johngol10

johngol10 Grunt Life Supporting Member

Camp Pendleton
    It doesn't matter much whether or not it's 1000D or 600D cordura. For example, Mayflower R&C makes their gear in 500D cordura, yet is still more high quality than Flyye, which uses 1000D. The main difference is the weight, 500D obviously being lighter.

However, what does matter, is the quality of cordura used. Most ACM rigs use craptacular, Chinese made 600D cordura nylon fabrics, while most other high end companies are using the Dupont brand cordura.

Plus, you have to factor in stitching. No matter how good or bad the nylon is, it won't matter if your webbing or whole rig is falling apart.

The one you linked has bad stitching, and low quality cordura. That's a no-go.

5. Dead Eye

Dead Eye New Member

Ocala
    well I have one of those and it works well... I paid $60 shipped for mine though. as I am on a tight budget I cannot afford to put a crap load into my gear. but its held up pretty good so far.

6. ReaperTwoSix

ReaperTwoSix New Member

Missoula
    What about the brand TMC? I've seen a lot of their products, are they any good?

7. TheCaptainAlmighty

TheCaptainAlmighty New Member

Gallifrey