Thompson choice and upgrades

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by S1lentkiller910, Dec 4, 2012.

1. S1lentkiller910

S1lentkiller910 New Member

Hello all. I have always been a huge fan of the Thompson and always wanted to get one and this Christmas i may be getting it. so my big question is..which one should i get? I am looking for one that is all metal (i will buy the wood conversion kit later unless i find one with wood already) and can either be upgraded or shoots great out of the box. I want this gun to be my go-to gun (my baby if that's not weird to say). i have heard many good things about the CYMA one but the only thing is the ones I've seen don't have metal lower receivers while King Arms do for only a couple bucks more. And then of course There is the Tokyo Muari which i heard are great and reliable, and also over-hyped and not worth the money:confused:. so i have no idea which to go with.

TL;DR i need a full metal Thompson that is reliable and i can upgrade to be awesome.

2. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    The Thompsons for $100 are junk, do NOT buy.
    Tokyo Mauri: Best but the money spent making it full metal/wood isn't worth the time and money but still damn good.
    the CYMA does have full metal bodies and same with the King Arms. Really these two are your best option. I would personally go with King Arms since the external finish will be amazing. But the CYMA does a lil stronger gearbox. Really the choice is yours, do you want internals or externals.

3. S1lentkiller910

if i can upgrade it it personally doesnt matter to me. i do like the king arms just because it is all metal already and i just need the wood conversion kit but im not sure how easy/hard it is to upgrade internals.

4. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    The thompson uses a V6 gearbox which is relatively easy to take apart and put back together.

However getting to the GB is something I am unsure about. Look at youtube for thompson disassembly guides.

5. S1lentkiller910

Thanks i'll look into that and probably get the king arms.

6. bal1

bal1 New Member

I'm suprised Thompson FTW hasn't already replied to this thread,anyway tight bore barrel. Increases accuracy and fps, that's what I'd upgrade before anything else.

7. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    The Thompson gearbox removal is probably one of the easiest out there. All you do is unscrew two screws in the bottom of stock, take off the stock then disconnect the battery wiring. Next you push in a button on the back of the gun and the two receivers slide apart. Finally you unscrew the selector switches, and motor (inside grip) and take out the gearbox.

8. Rusty34

Rusty34 New Member

Corneria
    ok...do you have a video on that? lol

9. BaghdadRecon

BaghdadRecon New Member

Greenville
    I wish I did, so I could post a link. Lol. Then we could see who is laughing.