Thompson questions

Discussion in 'Electric Guns' started by stxrus, Nov 28, 2012.

1. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    i've decided i want a Thompson and have a few question . i'm torn between the M1A1 and the "typewriter" style. i'm actually leaning towards the "typewriter" but that has nothing to do with my questions

1. Cybergun has both models (71015 & 71016) listed as Cybergun
    2. King Arms has both models (43908 & 43807) listed as King Arms Cybergun

is there any significant difference between the guns listed as by Cybergun and the ones listed as King Arms by Cybergun?

any idea who the Original Manufacturer of the 71015 & 71016 is?

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    The Cybergun Thompson is made by CYMA, and are fantastic replicas.

3. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    i just found that out and was going to edit my OP

which would be the better basic gun, the King Arms or the CYMA?

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    I couldn't fairly answer that question as I've never seen or held a King Arms Thompson. I've seen many, many CYMA thompsons, and they are all fantastically performing guns.

5. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    thanks for the info. the only one i've seen is probably a CYMA/Cybergun. i've only seen it twice (and shot it once) because the dude that has it plays very infrequently.

there a few KA weapons used here (mainly M4s) and they seem to be pretty good.

6. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    KA makes good stuff, I'm sure their thompson is a good rifle, I just don't know how it performs in relation to the CYMA. Have you tried googling reviews for the King Arms Thompson?

7. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    no, i haven't. i wanted some interactive information before i have to listen to what may, or may not, be a decent youtube revue

8. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    if i go with the M1A1 can i add typewriter style furniture later or are they different?

9. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    The only problem with the type writer is the stock is insane long. It is very uncomforitable for me to hold and I'm a big guy.

10. ViennaAirsoft

ViennaAirsoft New Member

The typewriter furniture is fully compatible, im a proud owner of an M1A1 myself, and ive been in and out of it multiple times and have owned it almost for two years now. The stocks are the same, the only difference between the two rifles are the back sight fins, the barrels and foregrips. I personally wanted to get a hold of a typewriter as id imagine the foregrip it sports would be nicer than what the m1a1 supplies. However id reccomend buying the 380 rd high cap stick mags as i have heard the drum mags can break easy and are quite cumbersome when compared to their smaller relatives

11. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    cool, thanks for the info.

now i just have to decide whether to get the King Arms or CYMA base. and i have to decide by dinner tonight so my GF can order it for xmas

12. dutchman

dutchman New Member

I own a King Arms Thompson and it has been fantastic. It shot 400 fps out the box! I opened up the gearbox and it was already shimmed. The quality has been great. I actually used in at Operation Broken Home 2012 and it performed brilliantly. I had opposing airsofters commenting on the range and accuracy of the gun after I shot them. I prefer the stick mags. It is a great gun for cqb because of its size as well

13. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    well, we have decided to hold off ordering until after xmas or maybe new years.

dutchman, i have a question for you. are both receivers metal or is the lower polymer? do you have the 1921 or 1928 model?

i'm leaning towards the KA because the ability to take the wood furniture better than the CYMA ones.

14. ajharl

ajharl Member

Largo
    Love the M1A1 style. Had a typewriter style and didn't care for it much.

15. stxrus

stxrus New Member

Cotton Valley
    could you elaborate?

16. dutchman

dutchman New Member

It's the M1A1 style, I don't like the typewriter style. Honestly I don't know the difference between the years....didn't realize there were two styles of M1a1's. I bought mine used on eBay from a guy who hung it on the wall and never shot it before selling it. I only paid $100 for it back in May. Great deal for a king arms. Don't be afraid to use eBay...I have a failsafe way of not getting screwed I can teach ya if you are worried. It was the first gun I ever bought and will most likely always keep it. I don't like the abs pistol grip it came with though but that's just personal taste. I like to use it every so often at our local playing field.

17. ViennaAirsoft

ViennaAirsoft New Member

The upper receivers are metal, along with the outer barrel and all that, unfortunately yes, the lower receivers are polymer, this is true to both models

Either is a good choice, id image the KA to have better quality, but even the cyma is good. So either way you go, they are fantastic guns

18. Fyzix

Fyzix Fyzzy Was Here. Supporting Member

Garland
    I agree with everything thats been said here. Ive had a chance to mess around with the CYMA M1A1. All I can say is that its an extremely solid replica. My only complaint is that the stock is a little bulky. If the Typewriter's stock is bigger, I wouldnt want to even think about using it. Lol.

But I haven't had any experience with the KA Thompson. But if its anything like KA's other replicas, then it's gonna be great.

19. TheAirsoftTech

TheAirsoftTech New Member

The only problem with the KA version (IMO) is the wiring is REALLY thin.

20. Courage

Courage New Member

Lexington
    I second this from experience. I would guess 22 gauge.