Thread pitch and size for ARMY gas pistols?

Discussion in 'Gas Powered Guns' started by Dead_Christmas, Aug 31, 2021.

1. Dead_Christmas

Dead_Christmas Active Member

Zimmerman
    Howdy,

I've tried SIX different thread adapters for the ARMY Detonics M45, and nothing fits. I've tried all sizes from 11-14 mm, and again, nothing fits.

Does anybody know what these guys use?

Thanks DSC_5099.JPG

2. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis

3. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I have a caliper, but I don't know how to use it to measure threads.

4. Guges Mk3

Guges Mk3 Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Minneapolis
    Measure the ID of the hole...what do you get in mm.

5. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    So I took my calipers to it, and they measure 11.5 to 12 mm with all different positions tried. I cannot tell what direction the threads are. They appear to be completely straight, and do not bend off in any direction.

6. Guges Mk3

Minneapolis
    12mm sounds "about" right.

Now you have to do an objective visual inspection. Do the threads tip left or do they tip right. By direction of tip...you will know they threading of it being CCW or CW.

7. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    I can't tell, absolutely serious, what direction the threads are. They seriously look like they're straight.

8. Kuratosu

Kuratosu Member

Tucson
    Well, if it was straight, it wouldn't be able to screw into the Pistol. it has to have some sort of threading to it. Unless its some sort of weird press on type of deal, which I highly recommend you do NOT try haha.

9. Dead_Christmas

Zimmerman
    Well, I figured it out. I was able to thread in a mock suppressor from a Well R36. 12 mm CCW.

DSC_5110.JPG

Thanks everybody.

aotsukisho and Kuratosu like this.