thunder b

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by dman10, Sep 6, 2012.

1. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
  2. airsoftaddict89

airsoftaddict89 New Member

Picayune.
    I have one. They work good and are loud. They are safe. I did not screw the canister that contains the co2 in right. It tore up the threading. Make sure you screw everything in and you will be ok.

3. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    The shell is not reusable, but the core, the spoon, and the hammer are all reusable. They are VERY loud, so you'll hear bells ringing for a few seconds if you're too close. The shell doesn't frag, but of you put things in the shell, they will go about 10ft or so. I would use .12s in it if anything. One thing though if you want it to spray bbs everywhere, you'll have to weaken the shell. The shell only explodes in one place, so the bbs only go in one direction (how do five gay guys walk? Lol). Make a very cuts in the shell that don't penetrate the shell but weaken those areas. Make the cuts so that when the shell pops, it has a 360 degree spray.

4. 1striker

1striker New Member

Boonsboro
    I have been hit directly by a thunder b and they are really loud, the idiot who threw it didn't realize we were in respawn

5. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    So, does it use just standard co2 canisters from places like Walmart? And how come what I found arent near as expensive of the normal one.

6. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    They use 12g CO2 cartridges yes. Links to what you found would be helpful.

7. 703

703 Active Member

webster
    Everything on the grenade is re-usable except the 12g Co2 cartridge and the shell. Except for being very loud they don't do anything. I've heard of people filling them with BB's , Baby powder, and other items. I know someone on youtube has a channel where they have filled thunder B's with lots of different "stuff". Im sure if you did a search on youtube you could find the channel.

Dpening on your fields rules they are game changers.

As far as what you found being cheaper, Im not sure what you mean. Buying them brand new they are pretty much the same price every where. Varies by maybe 0-5.00 depending on the site and on the package you get. Some come with the core & 2-3 shells others come with 12 shells & the core.

8. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    The frag canisters, do they frag or split?

9. deathmechanic

deathmechanic Active Member

Davis
    Split. The do not do anything dangerous unless you're holding one when it goes off.

10. JakeBworth

JakeBworth New Member

Hoboville
    Been there...twice. Not fun.

11. dman10

dman10 New Member

Elgin
    Thanks, I'm probably going to get some. Surprise my friends :)

12. Sako

Sako New Member

Would highly recommend it :p
    Tried defusing the bomb not knowing the thunder B was loaded blew up point blank i heard bells ringing for 3minutes:eek:

13. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    They work really good when you are defending a building. Place by the door, with a trip wire. Person comes in, pulls pin, sets off grenade. Some fields that is a kill others it makes for a great distraction, that allows you to get the drop on them. Or you can toss it into a building, also great fun!

14. Hartman96

Hartman96 New Member

Woodville
    If powder is put in one of these will it be thrown everywhere?

15. covertslayer

covertslayer New Member

Aurora
    I remember reading somewhere a guy tried it and it clogged up the core. If you want a powder-dispersing grenade, ebay has some new (as in unused) rap4 grenades going for around $30 shipped. They aren't the best grenades but if you want to spray powder, they were designed for that.

16. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    I'm not sure how you would clog one up unless you put the powder in with the CO2 cartridge.

If you are looking to try powder, the recomendation is to put about a teaspoon in the grenade shell, then use a sharp knife to lightly score the bottom of the shell in an x patern. Don't cut through but just score it. This weakens the shell at the bottom and when it blows, at the bottom, the powder should be pushed out. I've seen vids where it worked really well, but read comments that said it didn't work at all. Its probably a lot of experementation to get it right!

17. Sohte

Sohte Member

San Jose/ Bay Area
    I was very curious about scoring the bottom of the thunder B, thanks for confirming that!
    Has anyone ever tried taking a lighter to the bottom to weaken it? I think I'll try it and report back.

18. Grudge

Grudge New Member

Winnipeg
    I have also heard of guys using duct or electrical tape and wrapping the sides up with several layers. Suppose to make the bottom or top blow out and ups the sound level.

19. MrGoodkat

MrGoodkat New Member

Now I want a thunder b.