Thunder V problem

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Weaponry' started by CheckpointLima141, Nov 24, 2015.

1. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    I bought a pack of thunder V grenades yesterday and upon trying to get the spring back and pin in the spring wouldn't catch the spoon and would snap back
    It is a plastic spoon but does anyone know how to fix this problem?

2. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Hhhhheeeeeeellllllpppp meeeeeeee

3. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta
    It is kind of a PITA. You have to manually pull back the hammer mechanism of the core with your thumb on one hand. Pull the spoon back down into positon over the hammer with your other hand so that the spoon catches the hammer and keeps it from flipping forward. While you have the spoon holding down the hammer, push the pin through the hole in the spoon to secure the assembly with the hammer held back. Be sure to do this procedure without a CO2 ampule in the sylinder/core. Once the spoon and hammer assembly are locked with the pin, unscrew the bottom of the core, insert the CO2 ampule and screw the cap back on. Then screw on the grenade body. You should be good to go at that point.

4. Carter66

Carter66 New Member

Boston
    I know it's a pain n the *** isn't it
    There's an intermediate hole set back about 1/4" from the top pin location use that to hold your hammer back until u can grab the hammer with the spoon. Once u have it you'll b able to pull it right back. Good idea to not load co2 cartridge I found out the hard wAy

5. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    Oh no my spoon doesn't even catch the spring the spring will completely miss it and hit the hammer after immediately pulling the spring

6. Bulldawg26

Bulldawg26 Active Member

Atlanta

Can you send a pic of what's happening?

7. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
    ImageUploadedByAirsoft Society1448859834.354173.jpg basically the spring completely misses the spoon and starts the primer immediately
    I don't know what to do to make it work like a proper hand grenade (ignore my awesome background)

Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  8. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales
  9. bryanman

bryanman Member

Canada
    Did....you figure it out? Because it looks like it was completely wrong in that pic...:D

10. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales

Yeah I did
    The instructions for those weren't very clear as to how it was supposed to go
    Figured it out finally

11. nate70417

nate70417 New Member

get a metal spoon.. and if it breaks... like mine... you can just bend it in with pliers.... you will have less ploblems with metal

12. CheckpointLima141

CheckpointLima141 Member

Gonzales

I'll put that in for suggested items since I finally figured out how to properly set it