Tiger Stripe Camo

Discussion in 'Clothing / Gear' started by Army101, Dec 20, 2012.

1. Army101

Army101 New Member

What I won't to know is if tiger stripe camo is good for upper forest type environments cause I went to a military surplus store and told me that the tiger striped would be good for that environment

2. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    What do you mean by "upper forest"?

Tiger Stripe is a pretty dark pattern, so it works well in darker woods with a lot of canopy cover, and in environments that are wet and shady and dark. But in general, it's a it to dark for most woods. You'd probably be better off with M81 Woodland or Woodland MARPAT.

3. Army101

Army101 New Member

Ok thanks for that information

4. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    I have watched people disappear wearing tiger stripe in 2nd-growth pine forests (lodgepole, etc.) and in cedar/fir - deciduous forests.

If by upper forest you mean higher altitude, I'm sure it's going to work fine.

More importantly, learn where to be and how to move. If you do that, it won't matter nearly as much if your camo pattern is 'the wrong one'.

5. shlunka

shlunka New Member

Raphine
    Tigerstripe works very well here in VA in pine woods, though I would chose marpat over it simply because Tigerstripe doesn't work well in many places.

6. Army101

Army101 New Member

Well I live in the middle of the Appalachian Trail so I need to know if it would work well here

7. Knief

Knief Moderator Staff Member

Ann Arbor
    Do you have a picture of where you play?

8. Army101

Army101 New Member

image-4085332449.jpg

image-4085332449.jpg

image-146039813.jpg

image-3860987514.jpg

Don't mind the people

Attached Files:

9. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    I'd suggest Multicam for that environment... You don't have many deep greens at all...

10. Army101

Army101 New Member

But this is during the winter imagine it in the summer when the leaves are back on the trees

11. Grin

Grin New Member Lifetime Supporter

Irvine
    Even then, you can see that you have a considerable amount of brown in your environment. Tiger stripe would not suit all of that, as it is made for areas like the jungles in Asia.

12. Army101

Army101 New Member

Thank you for that information I will look I to the different camo patter now

13. McGee

McGee New Member

San Francisco
    Desert tiger would work great there now.

I thought you already had tiger. If you don't I would recommend against it.

If money isn't an issue, multicam will probably do just fine. Otherwise, surplus M84 woodland will be just fine, too - especially because it's faded.