Tight AK Mag

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by Player3972, May 14, 2018.

1. Player3972

Player3972 Member

Hello,
    As the title says, one of my ak mags has a really tight fit. It wasn’t like this originally. When I first got it, it was fine, but now I have to apply quite a bit of force until I hear the click from the mag release lever. This issue started during the middle of a game. Does anyone know what may be the reason for this?

If it helps here is the mag:
    https://www.evike.com/products/29169/

And here is my ak:
    https://www.evike.com/products/48515/

2. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    take a cell phone pic of your magazine well from different angles without a magazine.

-Spitfire- likes this.

3. -Spitfire-

-Spitfire- Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Martinsburg
    And pics of the top of your magazine.

4. Player3972

Player3972 Member

5. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    good thing spitfire asked for the mag shot. how many/what other brand mags do you use?

this one looks like the rear is coming loose/split? my magazines dont look like that

6. -Spitfire-

Martinsburg
    Only other thing that it looks like it may be is that the wiring may have moved slightly, but I kinda doubt it.

7. Player3972

Player3972 Member

I don’t think the wiring is the problem. I have another one of these hi-cap mags and it fits fine, as well as 3 mid-caps, which are these:
    https://www.evike.com/products/30886/

I’ll check my other mags if they have that split in the back, but I don’t think that split would make that much of a difference, but maybe it does, I don’t know.

8. -Spitfire-

Martinsburg
    If you have other hicaps [that aren't causing problems] that are the same type as the one giving you issues, then it's guaranteed to be the mag itself.

9. Player3972

Player3972 Member

I kind of figured it was a mag problem, but trying to find out why the mag is like this is what’s confusing me. I’ve compared this mag with my other working ones, and overall I don’t see to much of a difference. Looking at the rear of the mag, it’s not becoming loose, as it’s rather stuck in place, and for the split, comparing it to my other mags, it is a bit wider, but not really by that much compared to a couple of my other mags.

10. -Spitfire-

Martinsburg
    Can you squeeze it together and lessen the gap? If you could do that while inserting it into the aeg, that might add some clarity.

11. Player3972

Player3972 Member

I tried squeezing the gap a bit, but it doesn’t look like it’s budging. I tried forcing it against the side of my drawer and nothing really budged. I’m getting the feeling that it’s supposed to be like that, so maybe the gap isn’t really the problem.

12. adas1223

adas1223 Active Member

stratford
    i was reading some reviews on that magazine, and the lower ratings mention a super tight fit. some high ratings even mention seating issues. could be a lemon

-Spitfire- likes this.
  13. Player3972

Player3972 Member

It could be a lemon, but again what’s weird is that when I initially got it in the mail, it worked fine. The mag fit without any problem. It was during the middle of a game, it began having this tight fitting issue.

14. RuggedJay

RuggedJay New Member

Los Angeles
    Look around the edges of the end of the mag that attaches to the magwell and look for areas where the mag is rubbing against the mag well. Maybe the dimensions are a little big. Sand those areas down a little bit and check fit again. Repeat process untill fit is to your satisfaction