Tight boar barrel

Discussion in 'Gun Building, Modifications & Repairs' started by broadsword, Sep 25, 2012.

1. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Was wondering what a tight boar barrel was and how it affects the gun.

2. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    A tightbore barrel is a barrel that has a smaller inner diameter than a normal barrel, usually. The most important thing about them is they are a quality barrel, because it effects the bb and the accuracy of the gun.

3. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Ok cool thanks. How much are they normaly and where can i get them

4. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Well, the budget friendly ones cost $35-$40 and are made by Madbull and Prometheus. The top of the line barrels are Prometheus's proline, and often cost $70.

However, I would suggest a new hop up before you get a tightbore barrel. Hop up buckings are cheaper and more effective than a new barrel.

5. broadsword

broadsword New Member

New York
    Ok thanks. I have a 10.5 socom gear noveske made by VFC so what would u sugest

6. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    What are pro line prommy barrels? I thought Prometheus only branded one type of barrel. The "Prometheus EG Stainless Steel barrel" I have never heard of a "Prometheus Pro line Barrel. Haha

Last edited: Sep 25, 2012
  7. Star_folder

Star_folder New Member

Lexington
    Those are the "pro" barrels. Prometheus makes two lines under the Prometheus brand. The EG stainless steel barrels, and the ASH barrels. The ASH barrels are 6.05mm and run about $40. The EG Stainless are 6.03 and run about $70. The ASH is coated something, but the coating is very solid, and very strong. Personally, I perfer the ASH over the aluminum Madbull barrels.

8. DSCAllDay

DSCAllDay New Member

Los Gatos
    Got it. Thanks!
    Charlimi