Tight bore barrel help!

Discussion in 'General Airsoft Discussion' started by that1m4lover, Sep 27, 2012.

1. that1m4lover

that1m4lover New Member

Hey guys, I was thinking of investing in a 455 mm 6.03 tight bore barrel, and I was wondering if you guys have any suggested brands. I have an m4, and a budget of $40. Thanks for the help!

2. marine121496

marine121496 Wahahaha~ Supporting Member

Ann Arbor
    Madbull I got one and I love the thing. Supposedly it goes madbull on a budget Prometheus when possible.

3. AirsoftimusPrime

AirsoftimusPrime New Member

Satellite Beach
  4. Griffin

Griffin New Member Supporting Member

5. gunerforWP

gunerforWP New Member

Frederick
    Matrix are decent and pretty cheap. I would suggest going for something a little better if you can afford it.

6. theonlyBuster

theonlyBuster Active Member Lifetime Supporter

S. Florida
    I've dealt with Prometheus and Madbull the most, and personally never a bad experience. Other barrels have been sub-par or aggravating.
    The 1 Matrix barrel I tried was OK.

Just keep in mind, it's not just the tightness, but also the length. As a close friend of mine will tell you, a 500mm 6.01mm Prometheus barrel "will be" crap if your gearbox doesn't have the proper compression to push the BB out.

This is why I love forums. Everyone is so willing to share information and details. Will def buy a few of these.

7. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
  8. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

I want to be a sniper. And I was wondering what size of tbb I should use. One person said use a 6.03 but I would think a 6.01 would be better for a sniper rifle. Just clear this up for me please and recommend a a brand of barrel I should get.

9. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    Don't get a BASR. Don't threadjack.

10. TriadAirsoft

TriadAirsoft New Member

Winston-Salem
    Well for 1 your not gonna be a sniper your gonna be a marksmen and 2 you should get a 6.01mm barrel but you will need to take care of this barrel and clean it a Ton to prevent jams

11. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

Well actually given thought into the matter I have desired to just be a sniper

12. echo21bravo

echo21bravo New Member

I already messaged shifty shooter on what gun I want and he said go for it so yeah. I know what I want. I have like 5 other people saying to go for it. Also I plan on upgrading it so its will be more reliable and less likely to slam fire even though it already has 90 degree sears in it with a vfc replica of the zero trigger system. I will be putting a lot of money into the gun so it will meet my specifications on what I think and Airsoft sniper should be that isn't over 15 lbs.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  13. AirsoftimusPrime

Satellite Beach
    5 to go for it doesn't mean anything when you're looking for people to say it. I can email ASGI and they'll say to buy a CM, but generally good techs will say no. However, I'm sure you still think the idea of actually hitting people- which you'll find out won't happen with a BASR. Get a JG M4. If not, get $500 or so for a BASR.