time to upgrade my m4

Discussion in 'What Gun Should I Get?' started by M4Medic, Jul 21, 2012.

1. M4Medic

M4Medic New Member

so i'm looking to upgrade my m4 (mine isn't cutting it anymore) and i would like to ask for help.
    here's what i'm trying to look for:
    under $400 (i will be using standard shipping (asgi's free shipping if asgi))
    under 350 fps (area field's fps limit for full auto)
    AEG (I've had problems with gas gun's in the past)
    preferred: M4, or AK (not the smg variant) - full metal preferred
    *ris is required (for-grip+scope rails)*
    i would also like a crane stock or a battery compartment that is not peq box style
    i will be using it for cqb+field (so it needs to have a nice distance as well)

i have an acog 4x sight i will be using for field, iron-sights in cqb

i was looking at this gun

but the peq box for the battery killed it for me, and i'm not good enough of a gun tech to rewire it for a crane stock.
    sorry for the wall of text,id rather have to much info than to little

2. salemairsoft

salemairsoft New Member

West Liberty
    So are you looking for a new gun or upgrade your old gun?

3. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    I'm wondering the same.... If you want to upgrade your existing one ask in the gun modification thread.

4. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    have a tech install a DSG kit with a JG blue motor. you can upgrade any buffer tube m4 with a crane stock or a short full stock. i have a preference for patriot stocks because it has good battery space and isn't common where i play.

5. M4Medic

M4Medic New Member

Sorry for the confusion I posted from my phone on my break
    I'm looking for a new gun because my g&g isn't cutting it anymore and I'm donating it to a friend to get his start

6. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    whatever new AEG you get will still have stock performance which you will get bored with again. i upgraded my G&G for much less than new (even though i traded for it) and it performs awesome. i get alot of players wanting to buy it from me.

upgraded AEG's > new expensive AEG

7. Finalencounter

Finalencounter Duke of Penguins Supporting Member

Warrenton
    +1...........................

8. M4Medic

M4Medic New Member

Its not a matter of being bored its a matter of giving my friend a gun (he will be a part time airsofter) and there's some things that I use on real steel that I would like to use in the field

9. alex

alex New Member

Atlanta
    then you should rephrase your first couple of posts to be more clear why you are getting rid of it.

10. salemairsoft

salemairsoft New Member

West Liberty
    This gun looks perfect for what you are looking for. I would imagine the fps would be below 350, it has rails, it has a crane stock, its full metal, its an m4, and it just looks sweet. Its a kwa so it will work very good. I have heard that it shoots over 1,000 rpm with a 9.6 volt and a kwa internals could probably handle a 11 volt lipo if you want absolutely insane rate of fire. I think this gun will work great for you.

http://www.airsoftgi.com/product_info.php?cPath=139_24_202&products_id=6777

Last edited: Jul 21, 2012
  11. M4Medic

M4Medic New Member

@ person who said y I'm getting rid of...re-read my last line
    @above thank you for the suggestion much appreciated

12. Carnotix

Carnotix New Member

Yeah KWA is really good and upgradable! listen to this guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! /saracasm

KWAs are awful. Lipo ready is as much a myth as global warming.

13. Urbanprodigy

Urbanprodigy New Member

^^^^^listen. Do not trust lipo ready. I assure you your gun wont last 3 months using a lipo. Also if you want to upgrade it at all to maybe have it handle the lipo well or make use of the lipo... You can't. Because it is KWA.

14. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    KWAs are garbage. Bleh.

Here, compiled a short list to compliment your requests.

Rifle: G&P M4 with Crane stock. (The black version is sold out at the moment, so just using the FG version as a place holder.) G&P M4 Crane Stock

Bucking: Angel Custom with the V-Shape mound. Will give your rifle great accuracy. Great for CQB and Field Alike. Easy to install. Angel Custom Bucking

Tightbore: Can't go wrong with a Madbull 6.03 tightbore. Not essential, but something that could help squeeze the extra-good grouping out in field. I run these in my rifles. They work well, and are quite cheap for the performance. Madbull 6.03 Tightbore Barrel

R.I.S: You said you wanted an RIS system? Well here it is. For this price you get a rock solid RIS system, and even free rail covers! AIM RIS System.

Spring: the rifle currently shoots a bit hot, but with a simple spring downgrade, you can have it working perfectly, and below the FPS limit. I know you said you aren't a tech, but most techs will do a simple spring change for dirt cheap. And with the money you save, you can afford it! Matrix M100 Spring

There you go. Total comes to $357. All new parts, all brand-new performance. And with the money you're under $400, you can pay a tech to fine tune your rifle and really make it shine.

15. salemairsoft

salemairsoft New Member

West Liberty
    KWA's are not that bad

16. Thatguyoverthere1111

Thatguyoverthere1111 New Member

Mandeville
    They're overpriced. For the same price you can get something much better.

17. Username94

Username94 New Member

New York City
    +1 to this, I like this guy.

18. LancerAL

LancerAL Member

Lafayette
    Why thank you. Just trying to help.

19. CajunAirsoft

CajunAirsoft New Member

He pretty much nailed it for you of you do all that , you will be in business .